Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2006 5:05:23 AM EDT
Just wondering, how come the media and anti's haven't picked up on the attorney generals opinion yet. I figured this would be the headline, blood in the streets kinda stuff!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:06:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I didn't tell them. Did you? Shhhhhh!  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:25:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't something that would suddenly be "discovered" a week or so before the elections in the hopes that it would create a furor big enough to unseat Cox as AG.  I don't think that it will be that big of a deal, but I wouldn't put it past many of the newspapers and local TV stations in the state to pull something like that.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:39:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Since all the police agencies have been notified I would think shortly maybe 2 weeks before all the $15,000 FULL AUTOS start flooding Michigan streets.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:58:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Since all the police agencies have been notified I would think shortly maybe 2 weeks before all the $15,000 FULL AUTOS start flooding Michigan streets.

Oh the humanity!! Every criminal will now have a machine gun and the blood will flow through the streets!! What have we done!!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:28:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Yah - hahahahaha. I think its not being looked at by the media because its not news. And even when it was news it was a minor blip. There was nothing to rip the AG on. He did his job by answering the question of a law maker. The media said "whats this opinion on machine guns all about"? And I told them what it was all about - and they were relatively un-interested.

It ain't news cuz there ain't no blood and there ain't gonna be no blood. Perhaps some of the media learned their lesson and perhaps some of the liberals learned a lesson when they lost their credability when all of the shootouts that were supposed to happen because we got CCW never happened.

There ain't no criminal misuse of privately owned registered machine guns and silencers anywhere. I think the liberal elite know this already. They also know due to the regs and cost this reaffirmation of the LAW impacts less than 1% of Michigans gun owners.

Unseat Cox - I highly doubt it. He's doing too good of a job on all fronts, a couple I don't agree with but never the less a great job in comparison to most AG's we've had. His base of support is wide. He also has a sizeable warchest accumulated and if he keeps doing what he's doing he's almost guaranteed re-election. Especially if he gets us that silencer clarification!

But seriously, we have seen the liberals attack some of our congressman with attack adds showing marching camoflaged covered face masked guys wearing combat boots carrying dreaded "assault weapons" in an in your face dramatic prime time tv add and they backfired or did not work. I can name names but don't need to - if you watched TV then you saw them.

How about Machine Gun Sammy Alito, named such by the evil dreaded wicked witch of the North Sarah Brady - Machine Gun Sammy is our new Supreme Court Justice!

Now if we cut the liberals any slack and they play their class warfare games and use President Bush to drag down Republican Congressman. Or if we let Granholm and company do the same to our Republican state legislators we could be in trouble down the road on various gun grab fronts.

Bottom line - yeah we got a shitty economy, yeah many people are hurting, adjustments must be made, but we don't throw out the baby with the bathwater and allow people to blame all our problems on the Republicans with the answer being throw out the Republicans and replace them with Democrats and it'll all be better. If that happens - welcome back the AW Ban at the federal level and more restrictive anti gun measures as they see fit to punish US with.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:26:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I know it got minor press here in Macomb Co. Was that you BustOff in the pic in the Macomb Daily a month ago or so? Holding a tricked out SW76 or similar if I remember right. I think that article was written well. It basically said that C&R are legal so why not the transferables. Secondly, I think the government needs all the tax money it can get. Even if its a few $200 transferes and State sales tax. I know Ill be adding to the state sales tax revenue with all the ammo Ill be burning if I can go NFA. Also to add the bonus of hosting a machine gun shoot or two. You cant tell me the bussinesses around Knob Creek dont love having that event around and would be hurting if they shut that down.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:16:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Yup that was me. I almost didn't do the photo. But then I didn't think it would have the impact. They got a few things wrong - calling me a licensed gun dealer - when my news release said licensed Curios and Relics FFL licensee. Other things I wasn't happy with but if you ain't got the balls to stand up for what you believe in and put it in peoples faces then you ain't shit.

I did the same thing at Wayne State University some 12- 15 years ago when I organized a group of guys to confront Sarah Brady who was speaking there. I jumped out of my seat when she said something that irked me I was pointing my finger at her telling her she wasn't gonna get anybodys guns and snap snap snap pictures went into the Detroit News front page, me and Sarah Brady and microphones were shoved in my face. I let em all have it both barrels!

Or the Gun Stock rallies at Freedom Hill I put together drawing 15,000 gunners - another great photo op and interview city.

Old stuff. The memories! Ahh, have I pissed anyone off today!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top