Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2006 6:06:20 PM EDT
I received my file copy from State Rep Leon Drolet confirming he sent the request for clarification in to the AG. They should have it in their hands by now.

Cross your fingers guys. I'm hoping the clarification is positive. It should be, I can't see any reason why it would not be as I have gone over and over and over the law and the opinion and I can't see any reason why silencers would not be lawful for us to possess.

The next step would be to get a copy into BATFE and hope they don't sit on it.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:58:40 PM EDT
[#1]
please forward a copy to me since i already have a form 4 approved and just want to transport a suppressor into MI. thanks.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:16:41 PM EDT
[#2]
When I get the clarification I will scan it and send you a copy.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:48:39 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:56:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the update.  I have resisted asking Great Lakes Arms for updates as I know it is still in limbo at this point.  I have 2 silencers on order already.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#5]
They are ordered, paid for and awaiting transfer from the manufacturer.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:34:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
please forward a copy to me since i already have a form 4 approved and just want to transport a suppressor into MI. thanks.

You could submit a 5320 to ATF for "permission" to transport your silencer.  Even though it is not required for a silencer, a little extra paperwork backup couldn't hurt.

I'm in the same boat.  I have 5320s in for MGs and Silencers to bring my toys to MI.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top