Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 7:49:09 AM EDT
Anybody know of any good shooting ranges around the Lansing area that won't charge you an arm and a leg to shoot. I prefer free if possible. I shot the other day at "Shooters Corral" in Eaton Rapids and it cost over $25 just for range time, very nice people and very nice range but I just can't afford to spend $25 every time I shoot. Anybody know of any free or inexpensive places to shoot?

Thanks, Craig
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:19:19 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a DNR range near Bath that is free and open every day except Tues and Wed. It is at Rose Lake and is free to shoot there. You have to bring your own targets though.

And they have a 1 shot every 3 seconds rule (no rapid fire), and you can only have 6 rounds max attached to the gun. It's pretty stupid, but I can't complain much since the range is free.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:17:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Anybody know of any good shooting ranges around the Lansing area that won't charge you an arm and a leg to shoot. I prefer free if possible. I shot the other day at "Shooters Corral" in Eaton Rapids and it cost over $25 just for range time, very nice people and very nice range but I just can't afford to spend $25 every time I shoot. Anybody know of any free or inexpensive places to shoot?

Thanks, Craig

Capital City Rifle Club I believe its only like 50.00 a year for a membership!

Ant
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:06:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Shooters is $25.00 now! is that unlimited for the day?. Total firearms in Mason just south of Lansing on cedar chgs $9.00 per hour NRA member disc or $13.00 for Non. inside, heated, 9 stalls and two comp 50 yd pistol targets.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:49:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Family Shooters Coral is $10 per hour per person.  

Or $5 per 30 minutes per person.

For about $35 you can get a one month unlimited pass to shoot there.  There is a big sign on the wall behind the cash register with the pricing.  For an extra $10 bucks you could have had unlimited shooting for a month.  They  have yearly passes too but I can't remember how much they are.

That's the only place I shoot around Lansing.  Rose Lake is BORING.  Not even worth going in my opinion.  The only other place worth going to is the pit in Lapeer.

In case anyone is interested, they only charge $20 to do an FFL transfer down there.    From what I hear, this is pretty reasonable.

If you're looking for someone to shoot with next time you go down there, drop me an e-mail!

-Later..
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:38:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd be glad to take you to Chief Okemos Sportsmans Club in Dimondale as my guest (not open to public for drop in shooting). We do IPSC and 3gun matches there.  Just say the word.

HH
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:08:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd be interested in checking out Chief Okemos.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:33:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Drop me a email .......... [email protected]   we can yak more there.

HH
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:01:52 PM EDT
[#8]
You can also hit www.chiefokemosipsc.com for info ..... my contact info is there.

HH
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:31:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I just got an application from Capital City Rifle Club. I'm going to take a drive by and check it out. Any good reports on Capital City?
HHjr, I would love to check out Chief Okemos Sportsmans Club. Why don't you shoot me a email and let me know the next time you head over their.

Thanks, Craig
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:32:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Dont go to the DNR range in Bath ,  6 in the clip only, 3 seconds between shots. Plus those old decreped range officers are undercover fucking  ,  gun hater , anti-gunner , Anti AK-47 , Anti AR-15 , democrat Lib loveing , Global warming , Hummer H2 hateing , tree hugging , Gay rights loveing , Libs. There you have been warned

Bring your bb gun they might like you
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#11]
ms329, I wen't over to Total Firearms last summer. I checked in and got all set up at a station and had the whole place to myself. Every thing was cool so far and then I began to shoot. Of course, I'm a reloader so I was picking up my brass. The next thing I know some old man who worked there came busting through the door with a real bad attitude and started yelling at me. He was accusing me of going down range and even swore he saw me on the monitor he was watching from in the main sales room of the store. Needless to say I packed up my stuff and left, swearing I'd never go back. I also called and talked with the owner. He agreed that his employee needed a more positive attitude and offered me a free trip to the range, but I never took him up on it.

Craig
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:38:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I didn't realize Chief Okemos did 3 Gun. I'm going to have to look into that. The poker tournament sounds cool too.

I am a member at Capital Area Sportsman's League. Membership is like $100 for the year. I just paid it a couple months ago but can't remember exactly how much it was.

The CRCC already mentioned is $65. I have an application that has been waiting to get mailed because the have IDPA and High Pwr.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:42:08 PM EDT
[#13]
HHR,

I'd like to know more about the 3 Gun matches at Chief Okemos. I don't see any info about it on the range's website.

Thanks, MK

edit, oh crap this was supposed to be an email message....
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:00:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I will check my email in a minute guys ..... Chief Okemos is one of the oldest USPSA clubs in MI ..... we shoot every second Sun Starting in April going thru Oct. We do two 3gun matches a year . Contact me directly at [email protected] .I'll share phone contact there. Love to talk to interested parties.

HH
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:24:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Dont go to the DNR range in Bath ,  6 in the clip only, 3 seconds between shots. Plus those old decreped range officers are undercover fucking  ,  gun hater , anti-gunner , Anti AK-47 , Anti AR-15 , democrat Lib loveing , Global warming , Hummer H2 hateing , tree hugging , Gay rights loveing , Libs. There you have been warned

Bring your bb gun they might like you

Wow, I grew up in Haslett and we used to go out to Rose Lake all the time, they did not have Range officers or any rules at all.. ah for the good old days.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:21:23 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I just got an application from Capital City Rifle Club. I'm going to take a drive by and check it out. Any good reports on Capital City?
HHjr, I would love to check out Chief Okemos Sportsmans Club. Why don't you shoot me a email and let me know the next time you head over their.

Thanks, Craig

I really like CCRC.  About half the time I go to shoot, I've got the entire range to myself.  When there is someone else there, it's usually a guy with a military style semi-auto.   It's a very AR-friendly place.  
I've never been to Chief Okemos but it sounds like a good place too.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top