Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2006 6:43:43 AM EDT
I just bought a Bushmaster XM15-A2S Dissapator, it was made during the ban and has a barrel that's crowned.
I have a couple questions about how I can set it up legally.

1, Can I use any mag I choose in it?
2, Can I put any upper I want on it as long as it's at least 16 inches?
3, Can it have a muzzle brake or flash hider?
4, Can I use a M4 style collapsable stock?

5, anthough I'm sure the answer is probably no, is it legal to own a short barrel upper in MI if it's not installed on the lower or does even owning a lower make it illegal to own the upper?

Thank you for any insight.
Duane
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:03:24 AM EDT
[#1]
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Don't think so, SBR's are a no no in MI.  I think (but am not 100% sure) that you would have to register a lower as a pistol, put the upper on said lower and you couldn't install a butt stock.

Someone correct me on any of the anwsers if I am wrong.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:22:01 AM EDT
[#2]
1-5 are all yes.

Now if you put that upper on a lower you are in BIG trouble here in MI

There was even some guy selling 10.5 in uppers at the State Fair show.

Kinda funny we can own them and that is no problem but as soon as you put them together you are in BIG trouble.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:43:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I Think its a grey area if you own both a SBR upper and a complete rifle lower. Theres no point to it either, unless you have a registered pistol lower. Its just like having machine gun parts for the M16 and having an AR15(which is illegal). You can own the auto parts you just cant own a rifle that they can be put in. Someone was busted for owning both, the full auto parts were in his house somewhere in the metro D area and the rifle was up north and he still got busted for it, this may be a fairy tale but i do recall an instance like that. McM
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:09:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks to everyone for the answers.

Duane
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:03:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Where did you pick your new rifle up at?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:41:17 AM EDT
[#6]
The true answer is "NO" to all!  

So you should probably sell me your AR at a really reduced price before you get yourself into trouble.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top