Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2006 8:42:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:50:56 PM EDT
[#1]
C&R wise, no. But i am waiting to see what really happens if we're gonna become a class three state. I just sold a bunch of shit for a class 3 purchase. Swedish K, Its one gun i've always wanted, hell i already own mags for the damn thing might as well buy one right. With this and my upcomming marriage i wont be buying guns untill next year, well at least she wont know i'm buying guns.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:59:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunatly, I am trying to get a job in a non-NFA state, right as this one finally comes around. What a downer. I will be in a MG holding pattern for some time it would appear.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:33:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm waiting on the Form 3 to come in as soon as the MG is transferred to Dave, I'll get the Form 4 in the works.   Jeff
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:58:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine was mailed Jan 7, check cashed Jan 17 for a Powders Springs MAC 10. I am a test case! Guys I am confident that with the new opinion that supersedes the Kelly PROHIBITION opinion that we get mg's and silencers period with no further clarification of anything needed.

Thats what the true beauty and genious of the superseding opinion was all about. When Cox struck that opinion down it had the explicit effect of LIFTING THE PROHIBITION or ban of machine guns or weapons equipped with a silencer under Michigan law.

So even if Cox's opinion does not use the word silencer or mention them the effect of the supercision if you will was to lift the prohibition by opinion of mg's and silencers under state law. As of right now under Michigan law both are legal to possess if the transfer has been approved by the Director BATFE.

ATF will not approve anything period to anybody if it would place the transferee in violation of state or local law. If there is no violation of state or local law ATF must approve the transfer.

When we started this thing the goal was to lift the prohibition thereby removing the violation of state or local law as this was the only thing stopping ATF from approving transfers. This goal was achieved and as I see it ATF must approve mg's and cans period.... period.....period.....

They can hym and haw about it but the fact of the matter is they must approve - this is federal law. Perhaps this is whats taking ATF so long to make a public policy regarding Michigan persons. Even if the MSP were trying to tell ATF what the law means and saying silencers don't count cuz the opinion don't say it - ATF has to protect thier asses because if they refuse to transfer stuff and they don't analyze the law and come up with the right determination they will find themselves being sued to force the transfers based on faulty information and failing to follow the established federal law.

Does this stuff make sense to you guys?

Please donate to Attorney General Mike Cox re-election campaign - he has made it a possibility for you to own mg's and cans!

MikeCox2006.com
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:42:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Sure does, just hope the powers that be don't play stick in the mud for too long. That's the worst thing about government-they can fuck with your life and drag their feet until a court tells them to do otherwise then shrug their shoulders and say "Sue me!".....
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#6]
1 Vector Uzi making its way to Dave. We will see what happens.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:01:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I've had 2 silencers on order a few days after Mike sent me the AG opinion.  Still in limbo until AG clarification.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:32:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Yah Bill - I think NFA has contained all of our forms. I think their holding them hostage to a letter of clarification being issued by the AG. A clarification letter is probably going to take at least a month to get thru the AG's system.

To tell you the truth I think ATF just wants to slow the process down and on the silencer thing even though we should be good to go and theres no other way to read the law, they are insistant on something in writing from the AG saying silencers are legal. Thats my take and the law be damned.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:06:55 PM EDT
[#9]
If i get this new job 6 months from now i will have a M16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top