Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 9:46:26 AM EDT
Did anyone hear about a shooting, or suicide @ Double action in Madison Height? I was there sunday and everything seemed Kosher.

Tuesday a guy my wife works with told her that a shooting had taken place there, but I couldn't find any info...the story she was told was that someone went to shoot for a while, then was shot, or shot himself..etc?

Just wondering

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:24:21 PM EDT
[#1]
"Daily Tribune - January 26,2006 - Thursday - page 3a - police log - Madision Heights

A 35-year-old Macomb Township man ended his life Tuesday afternoon at Double Action Indoor Shooting Center & Gun Shop, according to police.
The man apparently shot himself while inside the Dequindre Road firing range shortly after 4:30 PM. Staff monitoring the range checked on the man after seeing him fall to the ground, and discovered he had sustained what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound, said Madison Heights Police Chief Kevin Sagan. The man was pronounced dead at the scene"
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:34:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Not unusual at all, happens fairly frequently to ranges that rent guns.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:29:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Sounds like we need another law to stop this madness. It's the "gunshops that rent guns loophole."
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:40:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
"Daily Tribune - January 26,2006 - Thursday - page 3a - police log - Madision Heights

A 35-year-old Macomb Township man ended his life Tuesday afternoon at Double Action Indoor Shooting Center & Gun Shop, according to police.
The man apparently shot himself while inside the Dequindre Road firing range shortly after 4:30 PM. Staff monitoring the range checked on the man after seeing him fall to the ground, and discovered he had sustained what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound, said Madison Heights Police Chief Kevin Sagan. The man was pronounced dead at the scene"

Thanks....WOW..just WOW!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:35:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like we need another law to stop this madness. It's the "gunshops that rent guns loophole."

Right....like say perhaps the death penalty for those that rent a gun and commit sucide....oh wait....that kind of already is how it works.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:38:23 PM EDT
[#6]
thats to bad for the owner/guys that work there, i know the owner and he's a great guy, it was prolly a little disturbing for them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:17:47 PM EDT
[#7]
No, having visited there before, the staff=assholes.

A few deaths may chill them out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:44:09 PM EDT
[#8]
as far as assholes go im pretty sure i know the few that ur talkin about, im not a fan of them either, but i keep my opinion of the owners.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:25:20 AM EDT
[#9]
The people in the shop have been a mixed bag for me, not sure who is who.. but it has got to just plain suck to have a guy come to your workplace off the street and blow his brains out.

Dave
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:47:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I agree on the low option of DA.
They refused to even look at my Arsenal M7 because "we don't work on Ak's".
All i needed was a tri rail forgrip installed/ looked at. I went to Wessels and they helped my out, free of charge.

Between the repeated bad service at DA and the ash tray smell of the place, I won't be back.

Scott

Berkley
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
as far as assholes go im pretty sure i know the few that ur talkin about, im not a fan of them either, but i keep my opinion of the owners.

I know the guys that we have gone through over there are all really nice.

That being said, the same thing happened over at Target Sports about 5-6 years back. The guys that worked there were affected by it from what I saw. Just another example of suicide being a real asshole thing to do.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:46:09 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

+1, there are a couple lamers there but the owner's a good guy in my book. With one exception years ago, he's always been square and polite with me.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:52:07 PM EDT
[#13]
They owners have always treated me well there. I used to shoot there all the time. They do have a few assholes that work there.

Like the short little bald guy.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:01:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, they despise anything com-block(AKs,SKSs) and sometimes some of the sales people
aren't too pleasent, but--They have gone FARRRR out of their way more than a couple times to help Me out.
I will keep shooting and being a customer of  theirs.

It really sucks that they had to deal with a sucide on the range.
If one wants to 'air' themselves out, do it at home
or a place where nobody else has to witness or deal with that mess.

Jeez.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:07:21 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
They owners have always treated me well there. I used to shoot there all the time. They do have a few assholes that work there.

I think everyone has problems with that dude!

Pickle one round off .0000000000000002 seconds too fast and he's all over your butt. Even sometimes when you're not shooting "too fast"...
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:55:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I've had good and bad at DA. There is a younger guy there who sold me my AR. I like him. Also a few years back another guy seemed to know what he was talking about. He reccomended 155 .40 Gold Dots. I've since researched them, and I like everything about them. (ETA I've never had a problem rapid firing there.)

Real nice of some POS to cause other people a bunch of problems. Suicide is so fucking selfish
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:16:18 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pickle one round off .0000000000000002 seconds too fast and he's all over your butt. Even sometimes when you're not shooting "too fast"...

I almost got kicked out once. I was in no way rapid shooting either. Then, about 15 minutes later an employee walked in with an AR and emptied the mag faster then I could say holy shit. I walked out and said WTF. They replied with "he's an employee and they can do what they want." I said fine, and never stepped foot in the doors again.
Bummer for the selfish asshole's family, but as far as DA goes I could care less.

Rob
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:19:14 PM EDT
[#18]
When I die I want to go like my grandpa, in my sleep....

NOT like the 3 people kicking and screaming in the back seat of the car.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:38:45 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont like that asshole either, I'm really cool with AL, he gave me a hug the last time i was in there eventhough i dont buy guns in there i'm cool with the owners, some of their employees are Rat Bastards though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top