Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2006 7:37:17 AM EDT
Ok, I looked around this board and can't find the answers to all of my questions.  Here they are, submitted for your approval because I am a knucklehead without a lot of knowledge in this area.

1) Can I purchase a registered full auto sear and LEGALLY install it in my new Rock River Arms AR?

2) Can I LEGALLY put a sound suppressor on my LRB M14SA?

3) Can I purchase and LEGALLY install a 10 inch barrelled upper on my AR?

4) Can I LEGALLY put a silencer on my Walther PP?

5) Can I legally install one of those uber cool "key to the city" type shotgun thingys under the barrel of my M4gery?

THANKS!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:53:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes to all but #1, #3*, and I am unsure of #5. You can't put a sear in a new gun as that would be manufaturing an MG which has been a no-no since 86. You could put a DIAS or RLL in there though.

* if your lower is an MG it would not be  a problem. I also believe that if the gun with a 10.5in. barrel was a dedicated host gun for your DIAS or RLL it would be a go, but I would wait for further conformation on that.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:36:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yes to all but #1, #3*, and I am unsure of #5. You can't put a sear in a new gun as that would be manufaturing an MG which has been a no-no since 86. You could put a DIAS or RLL in there though.

* if your lower is an MG it would not be  a problem. I also believe that if the gun with a 10.5in. barrel was a dedicated host gun for your DIAS or RLL it would be a go, but I would wait for further conformation on that.

I think he was talking about a RDIAS because his post asks about a registered auto sear. The only registered auto sears are the Drop In type.

The 'key to the city' or 'masterkey' setup you are referring to has to thave the shotty registered as an SBS which is not legal in MI.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:52:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think he was talking about a RDIAS because his post asks about a registered auto sear. The only registered auto sears are the Drop In type.

The 'key to the city' or 'masterkey' setup you are referring to has to thave the shotty registered as an SBS which is not legal in MI.

How should we go about getting SBRs and SBS's legalized in MI? Suppressors and pre-86 MGs are a great victory for gun owners, but most of the local gun owners agreed with me that suppressors and pre-86 MGs aren't really needed (but should be legalized!) however SBRs would be useful.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:55:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Ok, I looked around this board and can't find the answers to all of my questions.  Here they are, submitted for your approval because I am a knucklehead without a lot of knowledge in this area.

1) Can I purchase a registered full auto sear and LEGALLY install it in my new Rock River Arms AR?

2) Can I LEGALLY put a sound suppressor on my LRB M14SA?

3) Can I purchase and LEGALLY install a 10 inch barrelled upper on my AR?

4) Can I LEGALLY put a silencer on my Walther PP?

5) Can I legally install one of those uber cool "key to the city" type shotgun thingys under the barrel of my M4gery?

THANKS!

Yes

Yes

No, unless it's on a registered machinegun or you have a DIAS, or RLL installed

Yes

Sure if the barrel of the shotgun is atleast 18 inches long
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:27:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow... $8000 for a pre-86 RDIAS? Are there less expensive ones for sale?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:18:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How should we go about getting SBRs and SBS's legalized in MI? Suppressors and pre-86 MGs are a great victory for gun owners, but most of the local gun owners agreed with me that suppressors and pre-86 MGs aren't really needed (but should be legalized!) however SBRs would be useful.

While I wish SBR's were legal..at least a 14.5bbl I think we need to let the MG, and Suppressor get underway first then maybe attack this. Bustoff replied to another members post about SBR's...
check it out..make sure to stop by the AG's Website and donate...

RD

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:26:25 PM EDT
[#7]
When is the AG up for re-election? This year? If so, I know who to vote for. All of my gun buddies are also in-the-know in regards to the AG's efforts.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:56:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes the AG is up for re-election this year 2006 in August is the primary and November the general election. I don't think the Republicans will allow a challenger in the primary however somebody could file as a Republican and challenge him, there is nothing to prevent that other than inter party political pressure.

In the general election Cox will be up against the Democrat nominee and people who may challenge him are Jeffery Feiger Dr. Death's Attorney and the black guy who is the Wayne County Sheriff,  Warren C. Evans and there could be others. These are two guys who have said they may challenge Cox. Neither one is worth a shit in comparison.

So plan on working to keep the man! Make sure you doante and thank him for that opinion 7183!

MikeCox2006.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top