Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 9:34:49 AM EDT
Are there any restrictions in MI that would prevent a civilian from purchasing LE only marked shotgun slugs? The rounds are made by Federal. They make the EXACT SAME round under their hunting line with the ONLY difference being the color of the shell.  Civilian=Red, LE Only=Blue. Would be nice to have the blue ones for ID purposes.

Any idea?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:27:09 PM EDT
[#1]
No their is no restrictions, I have about 500 of them. bought from Ammoman.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:21:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I tried to buy some Federal Tactical slugs from a place in Lansing and was told that these are ONLY for Law Enforcement.
They would not sell them to me.

WTF??
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:23:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Some manufacturers distribute their ammo only to dealers who will honor their LEO only designation for certain ammunition. Winchester tries this, with their Ranger (and formerly SXT) ammo. Yesterday, looking at the top shelf at a local shop, their "defense ammo", I commented I didn't notice any Ranger (plenty of Winchester products on the shelf below though).

I was told their  distrubutor didn't stock it (due to the LEO thing). I've seen it on the shelf accross town (albeit at twice the price I now pay for it online).

T Bone (Detroit).
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:03:21 PM EDT
[#4]
ammoman.com

I've bought the Fed Tac 12ga amo from them and no inquiry as to employer.

ps.  That new Fed Flite-Control wad (or whatever its called!) is the shizzznitz!  6" 6" groups from my Win1300 @ 15 yards..I know, I know but its true.  Patterned better than my VangComp'd Mossy 590!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top