Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2006 5:10:18 PM EDT
For my pre1986 MAC 10 45 machine gun. Was there for about an hour today. Got FBI blueline prints done in about the first 10 minutes. Then the secretary said her LEIN computer went down. She went to a different computer station and ran my background check.

Then she told me to wait while she got the Sheriffs delegates cleo signoff on my form 4's. Well neither the Sheriff or the Under Sheriff was around. Secretary came back and told me they were tracking down the Under Sheriff and it would be just a bit.

20 minutes later the Sheriffs Secretary came out and handed me my form 4's with the Under Sheriffs signature. I thanked her very much and was on my merry way!

Macomb County Sheriff CLEO is not a problem. This is the 4th fed form 4 I have done and each time they have been very good. I have never had to wait more than an hour to get printed and cleo's signoff.

Total elapsed time - 50 minutes.

ROCK ON - Package will be mailed to NFA BATF tomorrow!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:36:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I just hope Oakland county is just as good...Sems like Macomb has always had a more relaxed view on firearms.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:53:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey man - its your right! Your bending over backwards to comply with established federal state and local laws and procedures. That should count for something. Fact is it's a lawful procedure and your following it to the letter of the law. So should they.

Don't feel funny about it - its your right. Stand your ground and be bold and confident about the whole overly regulated scenario you find yourself in!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:44:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hey man - its your right! Your bending over backwards to comply with established federal state and local laws and procedures. That should count for something. Fact is it's a lawful procedure and your following it to the letter of the law. So should they.

Don't feel funny about it - its your right. Stand your ground and be bold and confident about the whole overly regulated scenario you find yourself in!

Oh don't get me wrong I plan on going about it the right way, and I agree it's my right..either way I have the LLC if CLEO get's stubborn
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:29:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh don't get me wrong I plan on going about it the right way, and I agree it's my right..either way I have the LLC if CLEO get's stubborn

Nice title. I agree BustOff would be the best Governor ever.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:38:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

If it was really our "right" we wouldnt have to jump through ANY of these hoops. We could just go down to the gun shop and buy whatever we want.

We don't have "gun rights" we have "gun compromises". And it's gonna get worse.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:12:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
For my pre1986 MAC 10 45 machine gun. Was there for about an hour today. Got FBI blueline prints done in about the first 10 minutes. Then the secretary said her LEIN computer went down. She went to a different computer station and ran my background check.

Then she told me to wait while she got the Sheriffs delegates cleo signoff on my form 4's. Well neither the Sheriff or the Under Sheriff was around. Secretary came back and told me they were tracking down the Under Sheriff and it would be just a bit.

20 minutes later the Sheriffs Secretary came out and handed me my form 4's with the Under Sheriffs signature. I thanked her very much and was on my merry way!

Macomb County Sheriff CLEO is not a problem. This is the 4th fed form 4 I have done and each time they have been very good. I have never had to wait more than an hour to get printed and cleo's signoff.

Has the BATF agreed to to process Form 4's for MI, I was under the impression we were waiting for them to review the AG's opionion?   Thanx, Jeff
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:19:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Has the BATF agreed to to process Form 4's for MI, I was under the impression we were waiting for them to review the AG's opionion?   Thanx, Jeff

IIRC the head of the ATF said they would hold any forms received before all they get everything sorted out with the AG.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top