Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2002 12:24:36 AM EDT
IRISH HILLS

I used to shoot out at that range quite a lot - both the rifle side and the shotgun / skeet side.

After I went into the military, I heard they started regulating the range and only allowing *one* round loaded per shot (WTF?).  How are you supposed to shoot an AR with those kinds of rules?

Anyhow - does anyone know if that range is still operational?

Former Taylor, MI resident - 82ndAbn
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 5:21:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't know if they closed the range down or not.

As far as the one shot rule, last time I was at a DNR range (about 7 years ago) at Pontiac lake in Waterford. I was sighting in a scope on my AR and I had a 20 loaded up.  I was taking my time as I wanted good shot placement to sight in.  When this "I got me a title so I have a power trip goin' in my big head" dude came over and started yelling to me to open the action and unload.  I asked him what the problem was and he started yelling about the one shot rule.  At that point I told him that if I wanted to shoot one round at a time, I would have gotten a muzzle loader, but I did not like reloading that much so I got an auto loader.  I guess he did not like my answer as I could tell that he wanted to throw me out.  But I beat him to the punch and started packing up.  Never went back to a DNR range and never will.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 6:22:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the response - I didn't realize the DNR Stormtroopers had gotten that bad.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 1:13:33 PM EDT
[#3]
The range on Sharon Hollow Road is still up and running.  I am there almost every weekend plinking away.  Yes you can load up y\the clip but at least 2-3 seconds between rounds.  NO rapid fire.   I can respect this as long as I can load more than one round.   the Bald Mountain Range is one round only.  That is a royal pain is the a--.

Matt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top