Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 6:52:41 PM EDT
I'm planning on submitting a form 1 to my CLEO probable next week. Do you think it's too early to do this?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:20:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Ya I dough they even know anything about what is coming yet. Don't make yourself stand out being the first.

Just a thought
SM
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:26:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Huh?
First or last you will have the full attention of your local CLEO.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:29:15 PM EDT
[#3]
HAHAHAHAHAHA - Well since my picture was on the front page of the Macomb Daily holding my S&W 76 mg and I plan on getting my cleo signature and prints for my pre1986 PS MAC 10, I expect I will have their attention and I expect them to do their job the same as if the mg I was trying to obtain was a C&R mg.

I expect them to run me through their LEIN system checking to make sure my background is clear and then print my FBI blue lines and then have the Sheriffs delegate, the Undersheriff who I expect is the Sheriffs delegate sign, title and date both copies of my form 4.

I will be among the first - TOMORROW!

Tomorrow I go to see the Macomb County Sheriffs Department.

I expect to send my paperwork in to NFA BATFE either tomorrow or Tuesday!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:56:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
HAHAHAHAHAHA - Well since my picture was on the front page of the Macomb Daily holding my S&W 76 mg and I plan on getting my cleo signature and prints for my pre1986 PS MAC 10, I expect I will have their attention and I expect them to do their job the same as if the mg I was trying to obtain was a C&R mg.

I expect them to run me through their LEIN system checking to make sure my background is clear and then print my FBI blue lines and then have the Sheriffs delegate, the Undersheriff who I expect is the Sheriffs delegate sign, title and date both copies of my form 4.

I will be among the first - TOMORROW!

Tomorrow I go to see the Macomb County Sheriffs Department.

I expect to send my paperwork in to NFA BATFE either tomorrow or Tuesday!

Cool. I've met you before at the pit. I saw your 76 and didn't even recognize it as one. That is a sweet model 76 you have. I am jealous!! Thank you for all of your help!! You are the man!! I think I may have to send Mr. Cox a thank you letter also.

Kris
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:56:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Also, what is a form 1? I thought all NFA transfers to an individual were on a form 4.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:05:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Also, what is a form 1? I thought all NFA transfers to an individual were on a form 4.  

Form 1 is an application to make a new NFA item as an individual. In MI it would be used for making a new silencer or AOW yourself. You can also use a Form 1 to make a SBR but they aren't allowed in MI.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:10:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Form 1 is an application to make a new NFA item as an individual. In MI it would be used for making a new silencer or AOW yourself. You can also use a Form 1 to make a SBR but they aren't allowed in MI.

What Bump said but also add that you CANNOT manufacture any new Machine Guns....just to be clear.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:34:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What Bump said but also add that you CANNOT manufacture any new Machine Guns....just to be clear.

Well, lets hope Samuel Alito can help fix that.

So, an LLC can do the same as an inc. can when it comes to MG's? What is the process for buying as an inc. ?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#9]
What are some cool AOW toys?  What about DD's I would love to do a 50cal build.

Any Other Weapon (AOW) (Defined NFA title 26).

"Any other weapon. -- The term "any other weapon" means any weapon or device capable of being concealed on the person from which a shot can be discharged through the energy of an explosive, a pistol or revolver having a barrel with a smooth bore designed or redesigned to fire a fixed shotgun shell, weapons with combination shotgun and rifle barrels 12 inches or more, less than 18 inches in length, from which only a single discharge can be made from either barrel without manual reloading, and shall include any such weapon which may be readily restored to fire. Such term shall not include a pistol or a revolver having a rifled bore, or rifled bores, or weapons designed, made, or intended to be fired from the shoulder and not capable of firing fixed ammunition."

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:32:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What are some cool AOW toys?  What about DD's I would love to do a 50cal build.

Any Other Weapon (AOW) (Defined NFA title 26).

"Any other weapon. -- The term "any other weapon" means any weapon or device capable of being concealed on the person from which a shot can be discharged through the energy of an explosive, a pistol or revolver having a barrel with a smooth bore designed or redesigned to fire a fixed shotgun shell, weapons with combination shotgun and rifle barrels 12 inches or more, less than 18 inches in length, from which only a single discharge can be made from either barrel without manual reloading, and shall include any such weapon which may be readily restored to fire. Such term shall not include a pistol or a revolver having a rifled bore, or rifled bores, or weapons designed, made, or intended to be fired from the shoulder and not capable of firing fixed ammunition."

A .50BMG is not considered a DD.  The Street Sweeper and USAS 12 are both DD's An M203 40mm grenade launcher is a DD. As for AOW's a Serbu super shorty is a AOW. That could be fun.

Kris
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:54:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Sow I take it .50BMG's are still of are toy list then? I've seen a C&R .50 cal for sale about 6 months ago.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:36:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Sow I take it .50BMG's are still of are toy list then? I've seen a C&R .50 cal for sale about 6 months ago.

.50bmg was and still is allowed in MI. Nothing special about it in terms of the law here.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:39:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

.50bmg was and still is allowed in MI. Nothing special about it in terms of the law here.

Hey Bump. Who is that s pic of in your sig? I just noticed "topknot" has a pic of the same person.

Kris
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:30:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey Bump. Who is that s pic of in your sig? I just noticed "topknot" has a pic of the same person.

Kris

Its a pic of  Al Swearengen from the HBO series Deadwood.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:33:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kris

Its a pic of  Al Swearengen from the HBO series Deadwood.

Ah. OK. I've never seen it. That would be why I didn't recognize him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top