Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 8:58:21 AM EDT
It's probably a really dumb question but does anyone have any experience with CLEO's sighning Form 4's in Wayne county, particularly in Livonia, and what about the Sheriff?....

Also how hard is it to get a CCW in Wayne county, I hear they like to play games, and whats this I hear about references?....
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:41:35 PM EDT
[#1]
CCW's take about 2 months from what I've heard. Same for renewals.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:26:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
CCW's take about 2 months from what I've heard. Same for renewals.

Mine took longer (about 5 months, also Wayne County) but I've read here recently that it has gone quicker.

As to references, they are needed for new and renewal. They must be notarized. If you don't have the application yet, contact your local PD to see if they have packages for new applicants. If they don't you can get them at the Coleman A. Young building (formerly City County building) downtown Detroit, room 201, City Clerk. It has complete instructions for all needed materials (plus info on safety course requirements).

Games? Not really, but call your local PD first to see if they will do fingerprints for CPL (concealed pistol license). Some do, some do not. It is up to them. If not, you've got to contact the county sherriffs office to see what their current proceedure is. This is the only place I ran into games, but that was some years back. When I did my original (post new law) there was quite a wait.  I imagine that has dwindled. My city now does the prints and processing.

T Bone (Detroit).

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:36:32 AM EDT
[#3]
references on CCW is nothing new I had them on my first one over 30 years ago
SM
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:14:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Livonia isn't that bad. The two little ladies who work in the PD are good to go. They do make you wait the entire 3 days for purchase permits and they are happy to answer all the questions we have.

Check up on them (the answers) if they tell you something you think is wrong.

Two personal ref's are not longer a requirement due to a law suit against the county, and the county lost

Wayne county can and will take up to 6 months. At the 181st day if they have not approved your ccw, they must issue a temporary ccw.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:33:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Can they still take that long?
I thought the time they had to process them was cut down to like 90 or 120 days??
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:51:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It's probably a really dumb question but does anyone have any experience with CLEO's sighning Form 4's in Wayne county, particularly in Livonia, and what about the Sheriff?....

Also how hard is it to get a CCW in Wayne county, I hear they like to play games, and whats this I hear about references?....

No Experience with Form 4's...sorry.

But I just did get my CCW in Wayne County... specifically Redford (Howdy neighbor)

I submitted on Oct 4th, gun board approved on December 13th.  10 weeks exactly. The Wayne Country Clerk didn't mail my letter until the 21st, I got it the 22nd, and had to wait until the 3rd of January to get my CCW cause of the holiday closure of the city-county building. Also, CCW office at the city-county building moved to Room 207, no longer in room 201.

As for references, I did the obligatory two, no reference letters required, and neither of them was contacted. I did not notarize anything that I recall.

My CLEO (Redford) gave me no issues, I even filed for my C&R FFL on Nov 10th (which a copy goes to the CLEO by mail) and it was approved and rec'd in 3 weeks. O did not have to deal with Sheriff.

No Expert
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top