Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 7:35:09 PM EDT
But seriously folks, what was it like pre 86, as far as NFA weapons go? I'm assuming since 1934 you had to pay the $200 tax stamp, in addition to the purchase price of the gun. So could you get an AR15 for like $600, and an M16 for like $650 + the tax stamp in 85?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:41:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep.
Every weapon sold for what it was really worth....not some over inflated price because of legislation.
A crappy STEN probably sold for just a few bucks more then it really cost to make....$32.79 (Insert tongue in cheek)
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:46:24 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yep.
Every weapon sold for what it was really worth....not some over inflated price because of legislation.
A crappy STEN probably sold for just a few bucks more then it really cost to make....$32.79 (Insert tongue in cheek)

That makes me cry. I want my full auto MP5 for $2k not $15k!! Unfortunately, I think those days are long gone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top