Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2005 12:52:24 PM EDT
Any out that way? I have no idea. Ranges too!

Thanks,
jim
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:31:42 PM EDT
[#1]
There are a couple; although not exactly in FHls or Southfield, but not far from them.  Northwest Gun in Redford is on Grand River Ave. between Beech and Inkster Rd.   Shooters Service in Livonia is on 6 Mile; just a little west of Middebelt.  There are also the usually retail chains like Dick's, Dunhams, Sports Authority...  Closest ranges I know of are near Commerce, which is private I think, and another near Kent Lake/Kensington which is a public/state range.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:18:14 PM EDT
[#2]
hey, theres an indoor range in westland called the firing line. Just off ford rd & hix.  theres also a pretty cool lil gun store on wayne rd, just south of cherry hill.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:31:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
There are a couple; although not exactly in FHls or Southfield, but not far from them.  Northwest Gun in Redford is on Grand River Ave. between Beech and Inkster Rd.   Shooters Service in Livonia is on 6 Mile; just a little west of Middebelt.  There are also the usually retail chains like Dick's, Dunhams, Sports Authority...  Closest ranges I know of are near Commerce, which is private I think, and another near Kent Lake/Kensington which is a public/state range.

how is shooters services? i was less thanimpressed with northwest. only ranges i know if in the area would be multi lakes in commerce, proud lake in waterford, kent lake in milford, or target sports in royal oak(which i hate).  if you let me know what specicly you are lookin for i might be able to point you in the right direction.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:34:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

how is shooters services? i was less thanimpressed with northwest. only ranges i know if in the area would be multi lakes in commerce, proud lake in waterford, kent lake in milford, or target sports in royal oak(which i hate).  if you let me know what specicly you are lookin for i might be able to point you in the right direction.

I've purchased firearms from Northwest and Shooters.  Always experienced courteous service at both.  Shooters seems to have more firearms and supplies.  I go to Target Sports to browse. Service differs depending on who's behind the counter.  Like you mentioned, it depends on what the original poster is looking for.  

I forgot to mention Gander Mountain in Novi which has a large selection of guns and supplies.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:04:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys, I'll have to look these places up!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:25:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

how is shooters services? i was less thanimpressed with northwest. only ranges i know if in the area would be multi lakes in commerce, proud Pontiac lake in waterford, kent lake in milford, or target sports in royal oak(which i hate).  if you let me know what specicly you are lookin for i might be able to point you in the right direction.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:42:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

how is shooters services? i was less thanimpressed with northwest. only ranges i know if in the area would be multi lakes in commerce, proud Pontiac lake in waterford, kent lake in milford, or target sports in royal oak(which i hate).  if you let me know what specicly you are lookin for i might be able to point you in the right direction.

my bad
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:08:39 PM EDT
[#8]

how is shooters services?

Pay attention and do your homework before you buy anything from Shooters.  Their prices are usually on the high end.  Also, The communist state of Livonia requires that Shooters log the name, address and purpose of all buyers of ammunition.  I stopped doing business at Shooters a long time ago for anything other than reloading supplies, and then only when I couldn't find it elsewhere.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:09:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Shooters Service:

1) They "installed" a dovetail front sight on my 1911, and refused to fix it. Being a stupid college student I ate it and paid $200 to have a 1911 gunsmith (wilsons recommended) fix it.

2) They then heard I was a Marine vet and refused to allow me to look at an AR next time I was in because "Marines do the manual of arms on them"

SS can suck my ass.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:39:00 AM EDT
[#10]
What type of accessory's are you looking for? Hunting? Tactical? Long guns,pistols?
For the basic stuff there is a HUGE Gander Mountian store in novi, over by 12 Oaks mall it is in what used to be the old K-Mart store. Pack a lunch your gonna be there a while, the place is friggen HUGE! If its tactical stuff, weather it be Nylon to wear or gun stuff: pistols, bolt guns or AR stuff you want to see Scott at A-ZONE and he can hook you up with what ever you need.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:17:30 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What type of accessory's are you looking for? Hunting? Tactical? Long guns,pistols?
For the basic stuff there is a HUGE Gander Mountian store in novi, over by 12 Oaks mall it is in what used to be the old K-Mart store. Pack a lunch your gonna be there a while, the place is friggen HUGE! If its tactical stuff, weather it be Nylon to wear or gun stuff: pistols, bolt guns or AR stuff you want to see Scott at A-ZONE and he can hook you up with what ever you need.

Tactical, both long guns and pistols. Just to peruse at lunchtime from work I guess.

Where's A-ZONE at?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:02:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Scott is one of the vendors at the Gun & Knife shows at Gibralter, he carries only the good stuff, No chi-com knock off crap. He is a member of this fourm and drops by all the time and he can set you up with what ever you need or want. Alot of my buddies including my self buy most of our tactical gear from him.

Now where in the hell is Scott when you need him?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:26:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Gimme a break Wraith.. it is the holidays and I was playing cars with my nephew..  :)

Macman...I`m working on trying to get into a new shop right now.. if I only had more hours in a day.
What kind of things are you looking for in perticular? You can give me a call or email and I`m sure I can`t get ya squared away.

Thanks,
Scott
313 388-0551 shop
313 585-9617 cell
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:16:57 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Gimme a break Wraith.. it is the holidays and I was playing cars with my nephew..  :)

Macman...I`m working on trying to get into a new shop right now.. if I only had more hours in a day.
What kind of things are you looking for in perticular? You can give me a call or email and I`m sure I can`t get ya squared away.

Thanks,
Scott
313 388-0551 shop
313 585-9617 cell

Actually I just wanted a place to wander through and check stuff out. Buy ammo or a holster here or there and hopefully go shooting (basically a place similar to Double Action that's out here. And new )

Thanks

jim
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top