Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2005 4:01:16 AM EDT
I looks like I'll have a good shot at 11 days off, and even if I don't I'll get 4 days for each holiday. Anyone want to get together, maybe even in Lapeer?

Dave
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:08:09 AM EDT
[#1]
woot
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:34:08 AM EDT
[#2]
If the day works out, I'd be up for my first trip to the pit.

Don

edit: i can't make the 26th. Have fun!

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:40:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't shot my new WASR-10 or REM 870 yet.

Would love to go to the pit.

P.Smith
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe yes here, depends on work. Finishing one job (horrible timing!) next week, and if I get assigned where I think I might, it'll be long hours and 6 or 7 days a week (minus hollidays) untill after the first at least. Maybe longer (hey, look! More gun money ). If not, I'll be free and interested in a trip to the pit!

T Bone (Detroit).
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:54:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Just got my official schedule, didn't get all 11 days off. The Tues-thurs. between the holidays I have to be at work from 6pm to 12am, but that still leaves a lot of time to play.

Obviously, closer to the NY would be better for most, what day works?

Dave
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:21:08 PM EDT
[#6]
We have several major projects starting tonight, once the line goes home.  However I am game on the 26th.
Joe
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:24:15 AM EDT
[#7]
26th should be fine with me... Anyone else?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:55:58 AM EDT
[#8]
I can make it on the 26th
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:17:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Yee Haw!!

I'm There on the 26th!

Time?

P.Smith
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 1:57:54 PM EDT
[#10]
bummer, i was hoping to call for a pit shoot on christmas eve day, since im coming in from fort riley the day before, and going back the day after christmass. Due to my duty position i could only pull 5 days this year for the holidays.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:47:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Woot!

The 26th it is. How about 10:00AM?

Sorry GLRL, been looking forward to meeting you one of these days..

I'll be bringing a few extra guys with me from the Detroit area.

Dave
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:14:30 PM EDT
[#12]
im usually a week to late or a week to early, i guess imma miss it by a day this time, sucky
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:18:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Thpth....

I'm out. Starting a new job (in Ohio of all places!), orientation tomorrow, starts Dec. 26th. Only good for a couple weeks (drats, but at least I ordered my new Springfield ).

T Bone (Detroit).
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:04:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Thpth....

I'm out. Starting a new job (in Ohio of all places!), orientation tomorrow, starts Dec. 26th. Only good for a couple weeks (drats, but at least I ordered my new Springfield ).

T Bone (Detroit).

I just moved from Ohio... Ohio laws are much, much, much better.  Trust me... the 65MPH speed limits are worth not having to drive on the shittiest roads in the country.  The only downside to Ohio laws are there's a 31rd magazine max capacity and you have to store ammo and gun in separate compartments of a vehicle (in MI, both can be in trunk), other than that, Ohio is better than MI in every possible way.

I'll try to get to the shoot on the 26th, but my relatives will still be in town and I might not be able to make it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:38:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally posted by Mitchell "Ohio is better than MI in every possible way"

Well, nolt completely, though they do have NFA weapons available to own (a reason I considered a move many years ago). Two negatives here, in Toldeo, a local law limits mags loaded to no more than 10 rounds ~ okay,  pulled the Glock from the car, my "spare gun"~ I'll stick with the 1911) and statewide, if carrying CPL (they recognise Mi. and reciprocate) in a vehicle, the wepon must be "on your person in plain sight"  (whatever that is, has not yet been defined by law) or locked in the glove compartment- or stored in a manner as you describe.....

As to Mi. roads, you are 100% correct (I ride a lowered Harley, trust me, I know!). But Michigan has a lot to offer in other respects. I'm thinking you may even get to like it

Y'all have a great time at the pit! I'll be wishing I was there (but hey, the 26th is double time! )

T Bone (Detroit).
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:17:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Can we get a head count? So far it's me, Papa Sierra, PigHelmet, who else is throw in?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Well, great idea...but I can't make the 26th. Working and family stuff on the 27th (Tues)

I'll try to make the next one.

No Expert
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:47:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Can we get a head count? So far it's me, Papa Sierra, PigHelmet, who else is throw in?

I'm going to try.  Though, I can't be sure.  Everyone always says "I'm 99% sure..." of course, they might show up 50% of the time.  I'm about 75% sure I'll make it.  I hope Walmart's open early in the morning the day after Christmas, so I can buy ammo.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:24:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone near Plymouth and willing to carpool/split gas?  Like... North Territorial, M-14 & Beck/Gotfriedson, or something?  It'll cost me $15 to make the trip, I'm nearly broke and won't get a paycheck for another month.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:25:20 AM EDT
[#20]
well, sorry Mitchell-I just logged in to see if there were any new replies before I left and am only going to be here for a few minutes before I leave. If you manage to get this in the next few min, PM me your ph# and I can come get you. I'm only bringing Pighelmet in Livonia after all so I have room.

Dave
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top