Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2005 10:20:08 PM EDT
I dont know if I am posting this in the right place. But this is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. My wife and I are splitting, I am going to have to move to an apartment. So Coco my 3 year old Collie/golden retriever needs a new home. He has been such a great dog. He is good with kids and other dogs. He loves to play ball. He is not hunting dog (he is gun shy) but loves chasing rabbits and squirels. I hope he can go to home with a fenced in yard. I will be posting a picture of him here in a couple days.

I just wish there was an easier way to do this.
Link Posted: 10/25/2005 12:19:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/25/2005 1:16:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Lumpy.
Link Posted: 10/25/2005 11:48:30 PM EDT
[#3]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 10/26/2005 10:56:03 AM EDT
[#4]
this is the saddest thing i have ever read here.
Link Posted: 10/26/2005 12:51:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Is he a indoor or outdoor dog?
Link Posted: 10/26/2005 2:07:25 PM EDT
[#6]
He is  an indoor dog that goes out side to do his thing.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:59:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Well My wife is out of the house and Its getting kinda hard on me. I work 12 hours shifts and some times 16 hours So he does not get out. I thought I would beable to do but I am just finding it too hard. He is still looking for a good home.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:45:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Dog sitter? Dude, if you're still in the house, can you possibly get someone to come by and let the dog out? Then he could stay with you, where he wants to be. If not, maybe building or buying him a really nice dog house he can stay in while you're at work is an answer? Hate to see a guy and his dog seperated..... hope you can work it out somehow.

Best wishes,
T Bone (Detroit).
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:10:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:20:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Well I am on the otherside of that I have 15 year old husky shep I may have to put down soon.Sucks he has been a good friend but he has lost alot of weight and hips are really getting bad .
Where are you ?I am near Grand rapids in a small town with a 2.5 acre yard .Post me some pic maybe I can change the wifes mind she said no more dogs.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:02:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Well Just when things are looking down. with my house for sale I started looking for a newplace. I thought I was going to end up with an apartment. But I found a house for rent and the owner said it was cool that I can have adog. He just did not want a smoker but a dog he said was cool. A friend of mine also said when I am at work I drop him off for a day or two a week when she is not working. So it wont be so hard on him. Believe me this is something I dont want to do. He is the best dog I have ever had. So for the time being I guess I am saved.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:48:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Well Just when things are looking down. with my house for sale I started looking for a newplace. I thought I was going to end up with an apartment. But I found a house for rent and the owner said it was cool that I can have adog. He just did not want a smoker but a dog he said was cool. A friend of mine also said when I am at work I drop him off for a day or two a week when she is not working. So it wont be so hard on him. Believe me this is something I dont want to do. He is the best dog I have ever had. So for the time being I guess I am saved.

That's awesome news. I would hate to have to tell my wife we need to house a 3rd 80lb dog in a 900 sq ft house.

Rob
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:32:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Well The house I wanted to rent got rented. So I made another post on a running board and some one wanted to me meet Coco. So I took him over and the guy fell in love with him.

So today Coco went to his new home. Really nice family both were dog lovers and runners. She wanted a dog to run with in park. and they have a really nice boy. It hurt to see him go but it also felt good to see the smile on the guys face.  They said I could come visit anytime I wanted.

The suck thing about this is, the day my wife moved  I shrugged my shoulders, seeing Coco go I balled my eyes .
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:45:27 PM EDT
[#14]
That's sad, Man.
Sorry to hear she had to go(the dog)
Sounds like She went to a good home though.

I couldn't give mine up.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:27:23 PM EDT
[#15]
I had a black lab for 14 years. I got her while I was still in college.  Most of that time since I lived in apartments.  I must have moved 20 times in those 14 years, but I always managed to find an apartment that allowed dogs.  Sometimes I had to pay a little extra security deposit or a cleaning deposit, but she was worth it.  She finally passed on last February and I still miss her every day.  It must be hard to give up your pup, but at least you found her a good home and didn't just drop her off at the local Inhumane Society.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:46:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Sorry to hear that you had to give up your dog. Glad to hear you found a good home for it though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top