Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2005 5:27:38 PM EDT
Looking for a vacant lot on lake.  It can be small inland lake as I don't have the $ for land on the great lakes.

Would prefer a lake in Southern Lower Penn within an hour or two of the Detroit metro area and also prob best if West or North/West.  I'd orefer to avoid the I-75 traffic every weekend if we're headed to our land/cottage.

Any suggestions which lakes to look around?  Was looking around the Jackson area, but don't know enough about other near-by lakes to know where to look.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:08:15 AM EDT
[#1]
You may be fighting a loosing battle: In the lower part of the lower Michigan lake property is big bucks!!.

I had the same Idea a few years ago. I ended up in Alpena nice area It has not gotten in to quite the Big bucks that the lower and western lower has so far and there are a few nice lakes up there that still has some property on then. The price has tripled in the last 10 years even up there. If you go east of Gaylord North of Gladwin and in the NE quadrant of Lower Michigan would be my only suggestion. It’s a little over your 2 hours. It takes about  4 hrs but it is worth it. Good Luck SM

PS if you try the Gladwin area that might keep you in the 2 hr. range
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top