Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2005 8:07:27 AM EDT
Guys,

I just recently registered here, and was surprised to see so much activity in the MI forum, considering how dead the AK-47.net one always is...

Anyone here on Michigan's west side?  I'm in Kalamazoo, and with gas prices where they are, it's getting a little expensive to drive to Shooter's Corral in Eaton Rapids.  I shoot handguns at Silver Bullet in Grand Rapids, but that joint obviously leaves a lot to be desired when you want to shoot a long gun...

Where do you guys shoot rifles out here?  I'd prefer a public, pay-as-you-go range, but the price of a membership is starting to look competitive with the price of driving an hour each way to shoot.

I've got a few cases of 5.45 and .308 that are screaming to be shot....
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:42:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Southkent Sportsmans Club.  It's in Dorr, about half way between GR and Kzoo.  500 meter rifle range, a bunch of 25 yard pistol ranges (you get to shoot fast and shoot on the move) and a 200 meter pistol/rifle  range.  
The rifle range has burms at 200m, 300m, 400m and 500m.  The 200m pistol/rifle  range has burms at 50, 100, 150 and 200.  I pay $100 a year.  www.sksc.org
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:53:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Southern Michigan Gun Club off of KL Ave in Kalamazoo. 55 bucks a year to be a member but I am thinking of letting my membership expire. You can only shot when there is a range officer  around.HereEvery Tuesday September: 10 AM - 6 PM
Friday September 30th: 10:00 AM - 4 PM
Friday September 23rd: 1:00 PM - 6 PM
Friday September 16th: 10:00 AM - 6 PM
Every Saturday in September: 10 AM - 4:00 PM
Every Sunday in September: 10 AM - 4:00 PM
Plus there is only a 50 & 100 yard ranges for rifles.
Basically you can only shoot when they want you too but you never really can because it is to busy to get any time in.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:05:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I am lucky enough to have a family farm to go and shoot on, but when there are pit shoot/clean ups I will travel to Lapeer to shoot. I live in BattleCreek so if a carpool to the pit sounds good to anyone for the next shoot/clean up just lemme know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top