Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2005 4:11:34 PM EDT
I travel to the UP atleast once or twice a month, and I've been wanting to get CCW there since i can't in my home state(yet). i've taken a course that allows me to get a carry permit for minnesota. I'd like to know if that permit would allow me to carry in Michigan. I've searched on a few sites and asked a leo from Mn but he didn't know either.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:22:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Michigan will not recognize your permit.

Michigan will recognize the out of state permits of those who hold permits issued by their state of residence. If WI issued you a permit, MI would recognize it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:42:16 PM EDT
[#2]
ok thanks for the clairity
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:05:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Unless WI has changes their laws they are NOT a Right to Carry State.

From what I understand MI only honors permits from states which are Right to Carry States.

How are you getting a permit in WI?

I even checking Packing.org and it said WI NOT A RIGHT TO CARRY STATE

How are you getting a MN permit if you do not live there?  You have to be careful doing something like that.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:01:50 AM EDT
[#4]
i know wi does not have ccw Yet,  we have a dick of a govenor. minnesota will let anyone from out of state get a permit for their state, like florida. i am not getting a permit for wisconsin because i can't. when the law passes and it will i'll get one. if if i was a mn resedent i would be legal to carry in mi, it says so on mi's website., but my ? was to weather a non-resident ccw holder of mn could carry in Mi as well.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:44:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
From what I understand MI only honors permits from states which are Right to Carry States.

How are you getting a permit in WI?

No. When I was stationed in CA, I held a CA driver .lisence, I was registered to vote in CA, and I managed to get a CA CCW. CA is not a right to carry state. It is discretionary. My CCW was valid in MI because I was for all intents and purposes a CA resident. When I was discharged and came home, I was no longer a CA resident, my CCW was no longer valid.

As for getting a CCW from another state, it is easy, and lots of folks did it before CCW was passed here. A friend of mine held a Florida CCW that was valid without a picture because he got it through tthe mail.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:25:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:47:59 PM EDT
[#7]
You should just look at getting a NH non-resident permit.  That is what I did because my SC permit will not allow me to carry in GA or AL and I travel there often.  I sent a copy of my SC Permit and $20 to get the NH non-res permit.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:55:55 PM EDT
[#8]
whats the routine to get a NH permint?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top