Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2005 3:13:02 PM EDT
Hi all,

My CPL expiration was in May so I renewed in April. Around the end of May I got a letter saying MSP didn't like my prints. I went in the next day and had new ones done.

September's closing in and still no CPL. The nice folks at the Livingston County Clerk's office tell me they are waiting on MSP.

Any one else have to wait this long?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:22:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:11:39 PM EDT
[#2]
if you live in wyane county there is a new law they have to app or not app in 4-6 weeks becuse some guy sued the county for making the person wait too long or some crap but if you don't live in wyane county then you can wait forever my buddy who is a ffl holder they made him wait 10 months before giving it to him they said same thing something about his finger prints good luck
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:05:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Nice to see ya posting here, you dont show up here very often anymore.

I got bit by the IPSC bug. It's fun but really cuts into my sitting around time.

Haven't done much surfing. I check out ARFCOM and a couple IPSC boards but haven't had time to get onto any of the interesting threads. I even missed all the pit shoots. I'm hoping to make it to the next one.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:59:53 PM EDT
[#4]
IPSC is addctive isn't it

Where do you shoot at?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:20:38 AM EDT
[#5]

if you live in Wayne county there is a new law they have to app or not app in 4-6 weeks because some guy sued the county for making the person wait too long or some crap

The law suit filed by MCRGO had absolutely nothing to do with Wayne county processing CPL applications faster. All it did was waste members money.

For those who don't know, Mike T. President of Michigan Gun Owners www.mgouc.com is the one who went to every gun board meeting and worked side by side with the sheriff and the gun board to resolve the issues that needed addressing. The problems were fixed (for free I might add) before the law suit was heard, which is why I call the suit a waste of MCRGO's members money.

IMHO Michigan Gun Owners is one of the few gun rights groups that I can support in good conscience.
Shooters' Alliance for Firearm Rights (SAFR) http://www.firearmsalliance.org/ is another.
MCRGO is not worthy of my support.

Delta_3_63, if I were you, I would contact Mike T. He should be able to help you or at least find out what the hold up is.
Hope you hear something soon. Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:41:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks G, I'll do that.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:00:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
IPSC is addctive isn't it

Where do you shoot at?

My home club is Livingston Gun Club in Brighton but I've been doing a fair bit of out of town matches this year.

LGC does two matches every month. Handgun on the 4th Sunday and 3-gun on the 2d Sunday. Got a sweet handgun match set up for tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:17:31 AM EDT
[#8]
 Lumpy,  if you waited that long to renew do you have to retake all the classes and re-apply, or is it the same process as the plain old renewal/first time application?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:51:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:03:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Got an update. The MSP FINALLY got off their duffs and processed my prints.
Nobody came to arrest me so I guess I'm still a good citizen.

Now I have to wait for the gun board to get together for their monthly rubber stamp party.

We gotta fire those clowns and let the SOS do CPLs.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:10:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Nobody came to arrest me so I guess I'm still a good citizen.

I don't know about that...  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:25:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, I'm still an unindicted citizen...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top