Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2005 1:38:56 PM EDT
I have talk to a gunsmith they say to use naval jelly after the rusted area has been dissovle but in a asoak in mineral spirts to get all the naval jelly of the lub really good and that should take care of it has anyone ever use it
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:21:25 PM EDT
[#1]
It will remove rust, BUT it will also remove bluing.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:25:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It will remove rust, BUT it will also remove bluing.

+ 1,000,000

If the gun is being >TOTALLY< redone, then you are "Good to GO!", otherwise DO NOT USE IT!

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:26:02 PM EDT
[#3]
ya it's going to be totally redone thanks
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:41:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Have you ever tried that stuff called "flitz".  It looks like a gray toothpaste and it's awesome on rust.  You just rub it on with a rag, let it sit for about a minute, then wipe it off.  I use it on my muzzleloaders and it hasnt hurt the blueing on any of them even slightly.  Great stuff.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:53:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm sure it works better than navel lint.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:02:39 AM EDT
[#6]
 I've got a couple of muzzleloaders that are way overdue for a good cleaning.  Maybe I'll post a series of pics of them being cleaned with Flitz.  The stuff is pretty amazing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top