Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2005 3:56:02 PM EDT
I lost my wallet today with my cpl card in it. I'm kinda wondering how long it will take for a replacement. Anyone ever experience this? I'm assuming I need to contact the county clerk's office to get a replacement issued, am I correct? Thanks in advance for any responses.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:39:30 PM EDT
[#1]
First, you need to file a police report to document the incident, whatever it might entail  Then obtain a copy of the report, (2) copies if you want to keep one for your records.

The next step is to get another passport photo taken.  Take your photo and police report down to the County Clerk.  IIRC, for about $10 they'll issue you a new copy of your CCW on the spot but they'll only do it with a police report.

At least that's how it works in Wayne County so YMMV, I hope it all works out.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:58:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply. Someone found it in the parking lot where I work, and actually turned it in with all the contents intact! I was very happy to see that there are still some decent honest people in the world. I thought for sure I'd never see it again.

I hadn't even thought about filing a report as I lost it not had it stolen. In retrospect it was probably a good idea either way.  Thanks again for the info. That would have been exactly what I was looking for. It's nice to know they'll reissue a new one on the spot.

-Scott
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top