Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2005 8:57:30 AM EDT
It’s time to find a better-priced health plan. What companies have a good reputable health plan in Michigan that is sum what affordable?
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:19:20 PM EDT
[#1]

If you need to hav sumpthin' removed, I'm sure between all of us we can fix you up.... heck... I gotta knife.........................

Honestly though, I wish I could help but .....  

Good luck

Steve
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:47:50 AM EDT
[#2]
My wife and I own a company and we are trying to find a good program for the salary people working for us....It is sooo expensive, we have been working on it for over a year.

I am still waiting for GWB to come through on prssure to allow us to group buy with other people/ compaines...But I think that was just election rhetoric.

We'll see.

We have been working with a local FB of Michigan guy.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:34:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I am looking too. I will be with our insurance for the next couple of months, and could use some realativly inexpensive couverage incase something crazy happens like my nuts fall off.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:40:17 PM EDT
[#4]
When our company started having its employees pay nearly all of the Blue Cross/Blue Shield premiums, my wife and I just could not justify the cost. The way our plan was set up, we had practically no options to reduce the premium and stick with the company's plan.

Myself and another employee persued other health insurance companies and both of us ended up using Fortis, a large private insurer.  We actually got the information though the agent that was selling BCBS to our company! Combined with a specialized supplemental Aflac plan or two, the coverage was very comprehensive and reasonable.

THE SAVINGS WERE TREMENDOUS!!  Still pricey, but nowhere near BCBS, and what concessions there were my wife and I were very satisfied. Both my wife and I have since changed employers and our coverage is now through my wife's employer.

Just like everyone else, there are many plans to choose from, participating doctors, etc. Plan on spending some time reviewing and asking lots of questions.

Godd luck,

Steve

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:22:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Steve. Whose that for long term or short term health insurance? Is this the company you talking about. Thanks

www.etdbw.com/fh/stm/servlet/
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:16:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Yup, that's them. Didn't know they changed names.

When we were signed up with them (which was up to about 8 months ago) they offered both short term and long term group master medical programs. I never could get much information from their websites, best to contact an agent. I never used their short term coverage.

As far as I know, my former employer still uses Fortis for their Master Medical plan.

I wish you all good luck. I consider myself extremely fortunate not to have to worry about our coverage (today at least), but what a headache it was before my wife got hired (she's a public school teacher). Don't know if my information will help, but it was a decent experience for us.

Steve
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top