Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2005 9:27:51 AM EDT
I think it's the store in Bad Axe. I am wondering (read: Price Check!) what a Scout M1a goes for there. I would make the drive if the price is right.

Anybody headed there ...?

TIA
jim
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 11:33:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Randy's Hunting Ctr
Address:   721 E Huron Ave, Bad Axe, MI 48413  
Phone: (989) 269-4867
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 1:19:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks xbigfootx

Just a note, last time I did this they said they didn't talk pricing over the phone. Hence my hope that I can get "free eyes" on a price if someone's going there anyway. Bad Axe is a bit of a haul for me.

Thanks again.
jim
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks xbigfootx

Just a note, last time I did this they said they didn't talk pricing over the phone. Hence my hope that I can get "free eyes" on a price if someone's going there anyway. Bad Axe is a bit of a haul for me.

Thanks again.
jim

No problem.  I've never called Randy's for anything, just talked to a couple of their guys at a few fun shows.  Good Luck with your search.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 6:05:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I hope I have good luck too ; )

They tend to have good prices there. I hope they have M1a Scouts, I'm ready to buy... Oh well.

Mebbe I should put a post in the EE WTB section and see what happens.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 7:42:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks xbigfootx

Thanks again.
jim

That's pretty stupid and makes no sense to me. Tell them you are serious about buying one and if they want it to be from them, to give you the price. Let them know you have to drive to get there and that won't be happening unless you know it's worth it. I have never heard of a store doing this.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 11:00:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I was in there today. A good friend of mine works there. This is how it works;

If they have what you want in stock, they give you a price in person or over the phone. Someone blew you off earlier.

If they don't have want you want, they call their suppliers, call you back and give you a price.

I did not see any Scout M1a on the floor today, but that does not mean there are none in the back room. His inventory is heavier in the back than in the front due to the amount of stuff they transport to gunshows regularly.

Call and ask for Jerry...tell him Big Jon told you to ask for him.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 11:18:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I am in the same boat as far as a drive.I have called and they gave prices and like said above by 1911lover they called back on items they did not have with prices. Purchased with no problems.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 11:30:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 11:54:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I was in there today. A good friend of mine works there. This is how it works;

If they have what you want in stock, they give you a price in person or over the phone. Someone blew you off earlier.

If they don't have want you want, they call their suppliers, call you back and give you a price.

I did not see any Scout M1a on the floor today, but that does not mean there are none in the back room. His inventory is heavier in the back than in the front due to the amount of stuff they transport to gunshows regularly.

Call and ask for Jerry...tell him Big Jon told you to ask for him.

Great to know; thanks much. I will do just that!
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 11:55:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Call these guys:

Michi-gun.
586-296-2360

Definitely the best prices around.

Michi-Gun  
31516 Harper Ave,
St Clair Shores, MI 48082

imgs.maps.yahoo.com/mapimage?MAPData=m5a3l_hyzy2u8Xkmarh5olGfmbLYTlEIdb_i7IGz.frSauO7hKIG4_2KCZWI20dt1ZIdsvzaDD6f2vLZx7f3XZ2uc8gB7ycKgeAZ0.azJLnaK9ToufAUFVaR_lh7mQ8-

Huh, I've heard about people having good luck with them. Every time I've been there they've treated me like an "outsider" ... I certainly wouldn't mind giving them business, but they shoot themselves in the foot every time I've been there.

Maybe it's not them, it's me.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 12:43:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 12:49:37 PM EDT
[#12]
macman37,

My buddy that works at Randy's says they have a Scout M1a in stock, so I told him you were going to call for a price.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 5:51:48 PM EDT
[#13]
1911lover,

Thanks!

I will try to call tomorrow at lunch or Saturday. If the price is right... A Sunday drive to Bad Axe might be in my future  
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 6:26:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
1911lover,

Thanks!

I will try to call tomorrow at lunch or Saturday. If the price is right... A Sunday drive to Bad Axe might be in my future  

Not open on Sundays after the holidays...only during the deer seasons.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:59:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
1911lover,

Thanks!

Not open on Sundays after the holidays...only during the deer seasons.

ACK

well... I'll call them today... If the price is right I'll head there tomorrow...

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:35:53 AM EDT
[#16]
You are welcome. Hope you can get a good deal.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:10:06 AM EDT
[#17]
re: Michigun

I've always been treated well there and have got some good deals.  The owner is usally there and will spend time with you to help answer questions.  Now they do get real busy at times and it crowded in there but they will not ignore you nor treat you bead.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:10:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Well Blackcloud... You and QCMGR have had much better dealings with them than I ever have.

I will try not to bash them but I have never gotten a fair shake there. I dress decently, do not have any gang tattoos and I don't look like a child molester.    Yet in all of the times I've gone in there I have gotten short shrifted...

Just for grins I called them on Saturday for a price... It wasn't a bad price but of important note: They treated me better on the phone than they ever did in person.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top