Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2004 9:56:32 AM EDT
I own a few handguns, I asked another question to the LEO's here in Livonia and of course they do not know. I also asked MSP, and they wouldn't give me and answer.

The Clinton Gun Ban is dead.

My XD-40 can carry double stacked 10+ round mag's.

If for what ever reason I am asked to show the permit and I have more than the "10 rnds" as per what is on the permit, will I face legal trouble?

No one knew....

Thoughts?

I know Beta C's are legal, but this is a handgun and there is no ppwk with those (beta's) that states what/ and how many...
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:20:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't cite any particular law but I wouldn't sweat it.

I shoot in competitions with guys who use oversize mags (up to 21 rounds) in 7/8/10 shot handguns all the time. We've yet to attract the attention of the gendarmes. Several of the guys I shoot with are local cops / MSP. I use +2 and +4 extensions on my Glock mags. No one has said anything.

I don't know why the green card has the '## Shots' entry. No one seems to use it for anything. It might be there to help identify the weapon in case of destroyed serial number, etc but it isn't used as a magazine capacity limit.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:36:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Michigan has no restrictions on handgun magazine capacity (unless you're hunting birds).  The green card isn't a permit anyway, it's a registration disguised as a certificate of "safety inspection".   There is no legal requirement to carry your "green card" with your pistol, and I frequently don't.   Your Michigan CPL certainly doesn't restrict you to a magazine capacity.  Don't sweat it.

It doesn't surprise me that the MI State Police won't tell you;  they probably don't know.  I know that they don't understand federal regulations governing interstate pistol sales.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top