Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2004 8:48:18 PM EDT
What is the process for getting a CCW permit in MI (Wayne County in specific).  From the looks of it I could get a non resident permit, but if I became a permanent resident what should I expect?.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:07:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
What is the process for getting a CCW permit in MI (Wayne County in specific).  From the looks of it I could get a non resident permit, but if I became a permanent resident what should I expect?.

www.waynecounty.com/clerk/concWeap.htm
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:12:31 PM EDT
[#2]
take my class for 50 bucks, apply, and wait 3-6 months

i am in monroe, and have a class on sat 23 oct
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:14:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.waynecounty.com/clerk/concWeap.htm

"two letters of references signed and notarized."?? How should I get those, most people are anti gun and getting a letter for a CCW permit would be pretty hard.  Maybe I should just stick with a non resident permit.

avengeusa, I won't be in MI that soon, I've been planning on moving there for several months so far, but financial issues set me back.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:53:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Letters of reference signed and notorized......  WTF?  I didn't have to get letters notorized.......
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:24:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Letters of reference signed and notorized......  WTF?  I didn't have to get letters notorized.......

That is only for Wayne County.  The other counties have an easier process.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:44:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
take my class for 50 bucks, apply, and wait 3-6 months

i am in monroe, and have a class on sat 23 oct

Wow, $50 is cheap. You gonna have any other classes in the near future?

The cheapest I can find in Macomb Co. is $150 unless anyone knows someone else.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:05:14 PM EDT
[#7]
What exactly is a letter of referance?....
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:11:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What exactly is a letter of referance?....

I would assume it would be a letter saying that you are compentent individual whom can be trusted with a firearm.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:10:56 PM EDT
[#9]
The letters of referance can be from any trustworthy people you know. Having them notarized is supposed to make the process go faster as Wayne county does'nt have to check your referances.
It's not that hard of a process, just takes awhile to actually get the permit in hand. Also, on the Wayne County website there is a mistake. Permits are good for 5 years now not 3. That makes the permit $21 a year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top