Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2004 12:53:02 PM EDT
Double actiion in Detroit now allows CCW. 10-08-2004.

Went there today and their is a large sign on the wall and small ones through out the store.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:46:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Good news. Wonder why it took them so long to get with the program?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:03:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I think Target Sports took their 'no ccw' signs down a long time ago. While I like double action (bought my first AR there) they are a little weird to say the least.... :)
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:22:45 PM EDT
[#3]
'Bout time!!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:59:54 PM EDT
[#4]

While I like double action (bought my first AR there) they are a little weird to say the least.... :)

id say more than a lil
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:43:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

While I like double action (bought my first AR there) they are a little weird to say the least.... :)

id say more than a lil

+1!

Stopped doing any business there. I will not pay my hard earned money to those guys anymore.

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:21:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Double actiion in Detroit now allows CCW. 10-08-2004.

Went there today and their is a large sign on the wall and small ones through out the store.

Are you refering to the one in Madison Heights?  Or are there more than one location?

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:44:09 PM EDT
[#7]
The owners were under a restriction from their insurance company that prevented them from allowing it. Through a 'come on, guys!' talk with their insurers they recently obtained permission to allow it.

-Dan
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:58:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes
Madison heighs
I work all over the detroit area.
Sterling Heights, Warren, Troy, Southfield, ect, ect, ect.
It all looks about the same untill you go to downtown Detroit.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:42:08 PM EDT
[#9]
and whats up with not allowing AKs and SKS rifles or anything related to 7.39x39mm???
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:55:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
and whats up with not allowing AKs and SKS rifles or anything related to 7.39x39mm???

I asked the same thing and was told it was because of "Those damn gang-bangers don't have a clue." and steel core ammo.  And I could see their point, but why restrict EVERYONE with 7.62 x 39?

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:14:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I asked the same thing and was told it was because of "Those damn gang-bangers don't have a clue." and steel core ammo.  And I could see their point, but why restrict EVERYONE with 7.62 x 39?

Tall Shadow

Exactly... My buddy and I were there and they told him he couldn't shoot his SKS even though he had lead core ammo.  It's like, Doh, we know you don't allow steel core ammo.  Hell, the guy wanted to see what type of ammo I was shooting in my AR once.  Also, wolf ammo not allowed.  Talk about picky....

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:18:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I heard that someone supposedly messed up the backstop pretty good using steel core ammo. Hense the ban on 7.62x39 "assault" rifles. Any way you slice it someone with that type of gun pissed them off pretty bad.

I have dealt with them a couple times recently, and they are good guys over there, even if some of their policies seem a bit strange.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:29:37 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tall Shadow

Exactly... My buddy and I were there and they told him he couldn't shoot his SKS even though he had lead core ammo.  It's like, Doh, we know you don't allow steel core ammo.  Hell, the guy wanted to see what type of ammo I was shooting in my AR once.  Also, wolf ammo not allowed.  Talk about picky....

Yeah, I've had my ammo subjected to the magnet test! It was because of the backstop - they have a chunk of the backstop on a pole to show what the AP stuff does to it.

It does bug me that you can't use AK/SKS type rifles there

+1 on them being pretty good guys otherwise. (The little short guy is a bit of a Nazi on the range though sometimes) I have purchased my share of fun stuff from them. I was the one that introduced them to Rock River early last year.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:59:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Now all they have to do is lower their prices to a competitive level and maybe I'll have a reason to go there. And as far as the insurance not allowing concealed carry, I call bullshit on that.    
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:20:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Yes, they can be odd at times.  Al is actually a pretty good guy, but he seems nervous about things.  I do think they get a lot of wierdos in there though, hence his attitude.  Some guy shot himself in the neck a year ago or so.  Also saw a guy hipshoot a shotgun (maybe buckshot) once and target hangers were flying all over.  I can understand his nervousness.  I also asked him about the no AK/SKS rule, he said it was because of all the cheap copies breaking sears and going full auto, shooting up his range.  I showed him my Valmet M76 and he happily said I could shoot it there anytime.  Go shoot there a few times and show them you are responsible and knowlegable and then talk to him about what you want to shoot and he will work with you.  The rifle range prices have gone through the roof though, insurance issues do to things like the neck guy.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:14:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Guys there are good smaller gun shops in and around our SE Michigan area not to deal with them (double actio). I think they have their core of uneducated buyers thats keeps the gun sales going, like the people who pay the high prices at Target Sports off of Woodward....I walked through there the other day:

"NO DOUBLE TAPPING ALLOWED, but please rent one of our class III's for $50.00"

Come on...

I have bought my last gun through shotgun news and used a locall FFL for the x-fer, WAY cheaper and it was a pleasant thing to go through.

Chris

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:32:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Ziti, I had to laugh at that. I rented two of Target Sports' Class III guns earlier this year... after I was done, I wanted to try some rapid fire with a handgun I brought and they told me no!

I've gotten good and bad service at Double Action though. Mostly good. I've gotten good prices as well-- just need to check pricing elsewhere first. They used to let you work from a holster and double tap from time to time, but I think some choad wranglers wrecked that for us. It only takes one. I really can't blame them for the most part.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:23:36 PM EDT
[#18]
I won't go there.  They won't allow any rapid fire even if you can group it in a silver dollar.  They treat you as if you are lucky to have the privledge of going there, and they woould not even let me shoot my subgun even in semi-auto.  If I want to pay money to get treated like crap, I can always go to Target Sports on Woodward.  I miss that place before they sold it to the new owners.  It was a great place to hangout with friendly guys that were gun guys.  They would let me pay to shoot their subguns, but would not let me shoot mine.   Peters on Gratiot is a small place and kind of run down but at least they are friendly.  I only go to any indoor range if I have to. I'd rather drive to an outdoor range and shoot.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top