Posted: 7/8/2004 1:39:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/11/2004 2:38:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Where?
Link Posted: 7/11/2004 6:11:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/12/2004 9:38:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks!  What would the start out cost be to shoot my firts IPSC competitions with you? Do I have to buy a $100 Member ship + the ISPC entry costs? Do I need to be a member of ISPC to compete? Is the members required to work sow many hours per year? Thanks
Link Posted: 7/12/2004 1:02:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 6:49:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Level 1 IPSC matches (club level) are open to anyone. You don't have to be a USPSA member.
South Kent club level matches are open to the public. The entry fee should be around $20.

Anyone interested in honing their shooting skills should give this a try. It's one of the best ways to improve your speed and accuracy. It's an excellent way to build on the skills acquired in a CCW class and a lot of fun to boot.

No work is required as a condition for participation. Match setup and teardown is done by volunteers.

Any help you are willing to offer will be appreciated. If it's anything like my club then volunteers for setup are scarce. Volunteers for teardown are non-existant.

My club is in Brighton. We do three gun (rifle, shotgun, handgun) matches on the second Sunday and handgun (pistol, revolver) matches the fourth Sunday of every month. If you're in the area and would like to join in or even if you just want to stop by for a look let me know.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:51:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Hi I am a new member from Grand Rapids
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:53:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:23:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Awesome, I moved to Allendale for college (GVSU), and I am looking for a good place to shoot.  Ill keep that place in mind, since the rules for guns at school are "No weapons other than small pocketknives may be brought inside the University Housing System."  Nothing about within vehicles, and from what I heard from some 4th year residents, they dont have a problem with encased weapons in vehicles.  I havnt shot trap in forever, my Beretta is getting lonely!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:41:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Do they get really busy at the range? Or are there some quiet times down there that nobody is there to bug yah and laugh at how bad a shot I am ?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:14:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:36:55 PM EDT
[#11]
how do they feel about guests?  How do I join?  Isnt there a video that I need to watch?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:15:11 AM EDT
[#12]
ok, so I pulled my head out of my rear end and read the web site.   Says I need 2 members signatures..    So I need someone to vouch for me, that will give me 1 and then I Also know big dave smith.   (He is a customer of mine at the hobby shop)

Jeff
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:34:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Doug I would love to but I have to work til 9 your welcome to come to the store and see me if you are in the area.   You could always bring me the saftey video so I could watch it at work..

Jeff
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:55:36 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Do they get really busy at the range? Or are there some quiet times down there that nobody is there to bug yah and laugh at how bad a shot I am ?

I work 24 hr. FD shifts so I get to go to the range during weekdays.  I normally try to go first thing when they open and I am often the only one in the place.

I love the range myself.  Not every club has such a long rifle range.  It gives you the  opportunity to get the full potential out of your AR.  I let my membership lapse this year but I plan to get back into the club in the near future.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:10:55 PM EDT
[#16]
What FD?  I spend alot of time working for the county EMD office and like to hang out in County dispatch when I have extra time. (Kent)
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:15:52 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
What FD?  I spend alot of time working for the county EMD office and like to hang out in County dispatch when I have extra time. (Kent)

I work at the Air National Guard Base at Battle Creek.  I am a full-time civilian FF and also in the Guard as a traditional part-timer.  Working 24 hrs. every other day makes it possible to commute from GR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top