Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/28/2004 1:02:22 AM EDT
this may be a little premature, even more so because i dont have dates locked in yet, but i was wondering if any of the crew would be interested in a pit shoot while im home from iraq on r&r.

at this point it looks like im scheduled to come hopme sometime int the last 2 weeks of july or the first 2 weeks of august.   id really like ta meet and shoot with yall.

just thouhg t id put this out way in advance so whatever kind of dsetails that need to be worked oput can be worked out by the time i end up getting my definite dates and fly up out of here.

please excuse the spelling, net time is severly limited here.
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 5:40:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a plan. Let us know when you get orders.
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 7:00:29 AM EDT
[#2]
You know I am in. It will be good to have you home for a while.
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 6:38:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I am always up for a meeting at the pit provided it is my weekend off (I work every other weekend). Do let us know as the time approches and I'm sure you will get to meet a few of the "Pit Crew".
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 8:28:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I am ready for a day at the pit.
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 2:40:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome aboard!
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 10:14:27 AM EDT
[#6]
sweet, yall rock

killingmachine, dont make me use ur real name here, call my wife and get my damn address and send me some friggin mail, afore i have ta come home an kik ur big zebra stripe arse
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 12:51:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, Sir.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:34:01 PM EDT
[#8]
o and as an added bonus i was wondering if anyone might be interested in doing a cqm range out there, since thats yet another thing ive learned to do since i`ve been out here.

for those of you who dont know cqm is the armys "new" close quarters marsmanship" training/qual program          

all you would need is a rifle, and enough mags to shoot 90 rounds
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:07:32 PM EDT
[#9]
How many targets? What type?
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:23:59 PM EDT
[#10]
distance?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:28:29 PM EDT
[#11]
one shilouete perman, distance ranges from 7 to 30 meters, theres a frontal at 7, spin, left spin ,right reverse engagement, walking left, walking right, walk and turns, walking forward and run-stop-shoot iterations

it goes something this, all enegaemennts are spaced double-taps

7 meter engagement, frontal from ready position
7 meter, turn from left to frontl
7 meter, turn from right to frontal
7 meter, facing away, 180 degree turn to frontal
walk from 7 to 12 meter, repeat engagements
walk to 30 meter, frontal
walk from 30 to 10, engage while walking (all men on line together)
back to 30, run to 15, pause, engage
run from 15 to 7, pause engage
back to 12, face left, walk off to side 2o paces, walk back towards target and engage at angle whiole walking,
repeat walking side engagemant from right
final frontal from 15

stages can be added or subtracted, based on wants of participants
all reloads are done with weapon in low ready on the move, variation for those who dont trust participants is to reload in kneeling at you own between intervals

saftey is muzzle awareness, and positive selector control, only switch to fire when you are on target, as soon as you fire your second round resafe weapon and disengage target.

keep in mind that this is a reflexive close quarters certification course, its not for long range accuracy, the goal is to put all rounds center mass in a man sized target while executing these manuevers.  

any feed back is appreciated
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:29:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like fun. The pit has 270 degree berms so lateral shots are OK. If we can keep the squad on line and keep the engagement angles under 60 degrees (preferably 45) no one should get excited.

We might have to time share with some other folks but when they see what we're up to they'll probably join in.

I have four target stands that will mount any target that can be held up with staples. I'll see about arranging some IPSC or military silhouettes.

If you can identify the FM that relates to that particular COF I'll see about getting a copy and making up targets to accomodate.

Any word on when you'll be heading this way?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:35:35 PM EDT
[#13]
This sounds like fun, I'm in...          as long as nobody takes any pictures
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:04:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
This sounds like fun, I'm in...          as long as nobody takes any pictures

Funny you should mention pictures. Lookie what I got on Saturday!

When the FBI sees the pictures this thing takes they'll put me on the payroll as a full time snitch!
Link Posted: 5/16/2004 5:00:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice camera Gary. Going to be able to do some long distance spying with that thing.

Oh by the way, I like your little prayer.
Link Posted: 5/16/2004 5:45:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Oh by the way, I like your little prayer.

I wish I could take credit for it. It's from the movie "We We're Soldiers".
Link Posted: 5/21/2004 10:16:02 AM EDT
[#17]
no real update on when my turn will be, theyre saying that they made a mistake telling us when we could go.  the story now is that less than 60% will get r&r, and it goes by rank, lowest to highest.
since im the highest rankling enlistedman (the highest ranking spc anyway) my turn looks a long way away, if at all.
Link Posted: 5/21/2004 10:18:19 AM EDT
[#18]
o and about the course, i believe that the targets we use are the 25meter pistol qual shilouetes.
i dont know of any fm that covers this, it seems to be something they came up with to try and train us for the realities of iraq.

the other part of the course involved shooting on burst from inside a humvee.

anyone whos been in knows that the army has a way to take the fun out of any range time, but i have to say this was the funnest range ive ever shoot in my 7 years in service.
Link Posted: 5/24/2004 3:04:07 AM EDT
[#19]
If we don't have to satisfy any TRADOC requirements then coming up with a fun course should be easy.

Keep us posted on when (if) you're going to be here.
Link Posted: 5/24/2004 10:16:54 AM EDT
[#20]
lol, screw tradoc, I AM THE RANGE CONTROL,   sorry couldnt help it, im more focused on possibly teaching yall something that i have found usefull and i hope you will find fun.

just for s&g i plan on shooting it with my ak(and prolly my ar)
Link Posted: 5/24/2004 2:44:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
screw tradoc

If I had a dollar for every time I heard that!
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 4:13:42 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
lol, screw tradoc, I AM THE RANGE CONTROL,  

lol.  I'm interested.  May be at Camp Perry though.  Stay safe GlR
Link Posted: 6/7/2004 6:09:26 AM EDT
[#23]
well it looks like i may get to come home after all, but later in the summer, no telling yet. gawds this sucks.
Link Posted: 6/7/2004 5:49:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Don't sweat it. We'll be here and the pit isn't going anywhere. Just keep your SA high and your powder dry.

See ya when ya get here.
Link Posted: 6/14/2004 6:17:34 PM EDT
[#25]
well lets make a time and date so i can get the day off from work

Link Posted: 6/15/2004 8:30:00 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

That is the problem. He will not know when/if he will be coming home for sure until very shortly before he jumps on the plane. I hope to hear as soon as possible from him, one way or the other, and I will post the date immediatly.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2004 6:49:04 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Welcome to ARFCOM! Hope to see you at the pit.
Link Posted: 6/16/2004 6:18:32 PM EDT
[#28]
thanks fellas. Ive been itching to shoot the Garand . My brother will be comming home this weekend for a week so I hope I can get him  out there. Are  any of you class 3 license holder?
Ahh Sorry I dint realize he wasnt home yet .

Brian
Link Posted: 6/17/2004 12:42:15 PM EDT
[#29]
latest update

im now the lucky number 17 on the r&r list, they project either a date in late august or sometime in september.     i guess its better than no date at all.

on the down side my dumbass brought most of my mags with me out to the sand box (im quiet attached to my mags) and i just found out that they wont let me fly with what they consider "military equipment"      i have a feeling im gonna get raped for soem mags if i wanna shot my own.  how many nags u got now killingmachine?      the trip up to the compound just wont be the same.
Link Posted: 6/22/2004 9:02:55 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
latest update

im now the lucky number 17 on the r&r list, they project either a date in late august or sometime in september.     i guess its better than no date at all.

on the down side my dumbass brought most of my mags with me out to the sand box (im quiet attached to my mags) and i just found out that they wont let me fly with what they consider "military equipment"      i have a feeling im gonna get raped for soem mags if i wanna shot my own.  how many nags u got now killingmachine?      the trip up to the compound just wont be the same.

I think that we will be alright. I might pick up a couple more just incase though.
Link Posted: 6/29/2004 2:38:36 AM EDT
[#31]
ok guys, looks like mid august, assuming world war 3 doesnt happen between now and than.

im keeping my fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 7/1/2004 6:10:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Don't let them push it back too far. I'm going to a wedding on the 28th.
Link Posted: 7/12/2004 7:54:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Got an IM that it is 95% certian that he will be home in mid august. I will post the exact date as soon as it becomes available.
Link Posted: 7/12/2004 8:06:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Thanx KM, keep us posted.
Link Posted: 7/12/2004 8:57:42 PM EDT
[#35]

Are any of you class 3 license holder?

I have a C&R license and own a couple guns with a giggle switch if that is what you mean. I would love to meet some of you guys out there as long as I have the day off from work (I work every other weekend).

Giggle switch........

Link Posted: 7/14/2004 9:32:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Count me in. I've been to the lapeer state land shooting before, but never to Da Pit.
Link Posted: 7/15/2004 3:33:15 AM EDT
[#37]
We'll save a spot on the line for you.
Link Posted: 7/19/2004 10:29:10 PM EDT
[#38]
theyre promising me mid sugust now, everything looks in order.   if it changes i`lllet yall know.
Link Posted: 7/22/2004 7:24:55 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Giggle switch........

Giggle switch...I like that one!!!
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 7:21:23 AM EDT
[#40]
my date to get up out of here is around the 9th, so it looks lik ei will be coming home on schedule
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 9:30:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Good deal. Any guesses on itinerary?
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 10:31:15 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Good deal. Any guesses on itinerary?

I believe that he will be going up north at some point, however his wife wants to come to the pit to check out the sceen. I will try to figure out which saturday it will be ASAP.
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 10:34:10 PM EDT
[#43]
paperworks in, been processed, now its just a matter of waiting for the day to come, should be home in about 10 to 12 days

whats this i see about a minifest?
Link Posted: 8/2/2004 10:24:06 AM EDT
[#44]
I had better pick up some more ammo. I dont know what I have been thinking waiting this long to resupply, However it would not be my style to do anything before the last minute.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 9:50:59 AM EDT
[#45]
killing. dude, check ur messages, i need ur help on this transfer so she gets the rifle right quick when i get home, everythings pretty much set up , just waiting on a reply from you
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 2:02:02 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I had better pick up some more ammo. I dont know what I have been thinking waiting this long to resupply, However it would not be my style to do anything before the last minute.

Proof to my wife that I am not the only procrastinator!

I hope to be there!

steve
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 9:14:15 AM EDT
[#47]
looks better and better guys, i should be on my way home this weekend, so i`ll let yall know when i it the ground at home, and we can set a date.
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 2:24:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Love your Sig Line!
See you when you get here.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 2:11:40 AM EDT
[#49]
well yall, the time has come, lets pick a date, i shoudl arrive in country on teh 12 or 13th, not sure yet, the sat after that looks like a golden time to do it, but lets get some input, i just wanna say im really looking forward to this.

Link Posted: 8/11/2004 3:59:58 AM EDT
[#50]
How long is your leave?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top