Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2003 4:27:29 AM EDT
Anyone know if we can legally own a M203 here in MIchigan?
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 4:45:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Negetive. No DD.

Hell,all allowed Class III stuff has to be C&R as well as cans.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 4:32:58 PM EDT
[#2]
37mm is ok
40mm is a no-no
whether or not the 37mm is an M203, i don't really know.

www.37mm.com
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 2:36:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Destructive Devices are legal in michigan, as are Any Other Weapons.  If you look through the laws you will see no law banning their possesion, therefore it is legal.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 7:55:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Dont take our word for it, dont take the web's word either. Call the PD and ask, or go there and ask to read the law's. They will help.

"They guys at ar15.com said it is ok!" wont work...
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 4:46:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I asked ATF if they would approve an AOW transfer of a supershorty as an AOW.  But would have to be registered as a pistol?  There is sort of a reverse logic here. If your local PD chief signs off on the Transfer and you pay the $5 and then go back to the PD to get a green card as a pistol, will the PD say No?  Probably not.
Thus while the feds are OK with an AOW, will the state be OK with it?  The ATF suggested that the Mich AG give an opinion to that effect.  I can post the letter if someone tells me how.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 4:46:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone actually own an AOW here?  I'd like to get an uzi AOW.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top