Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2003 6:28:30 PM EDT
I was at the Gibralter gunshow.  The usual dealers with the usual overpriced guns.  I love the guy that has had the same Ruger GP for the last 2 plus years.  I offered him a fair price  and he still has it!  But I picked up a new SKS Yugo for $139.  Its caked in cosmo and they are a mess. But I cleaned it up and the piston is brand new.  Not even a test fire scorch mark on the face.  The guy next door has cleaner SKSs for $169.  I will take the newer messy one!
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 1:05:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, someone got a good deal at gebraltar. The apocalypse is upon us.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 2:41:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Isnt that the truth!  The SKS is a Cherrys import.  The SKS boards seem to think this the cream of the crop. All the numbers, even the stock matches.  The wood has some storage dings but thats about it.  I cant wait to go shoot it. No only if I coulg get the smell of cosmo out of my hands I would be happy.

Deans Guns in Mt. Clemens has more.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 12:40:30 PM EDT
[#3]
holy shit, i'm gonna go turn on the faucet and see if blood comes out.

ever once in a while, i'll get a good deal, but it's usually the same shit.

there's one cool older guy that i bought some winchester ranger ammo rom, he's got some good stuff at a good price.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 7:23:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Those shows are generally only good for parts or cleaning supplies. Occasional ammo deals. I can't say I have ever bought a gun there.

Good job getting a deal.

I keep wanting to get a Colt Mustang .380 for CCW use but the only ones I see there are at least $200 overpriced. For-get-it.

jim
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top