Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2003 5:42:52 PM EDT
Hello...My name is Chris, and I am a AR-15 Owner have
I live in Livoina, Wayne County. There is no where to shoot the AR in Wayne County that I know of. Guy's in Detroit are getting more trigger time with their AK's than I am. I have brought it to Bald Mountain, turned around and drove back home when I found out 1 round load max..I am sure you guys are all aware.

Any good shoot's? Ranges? Anything? I have 2k rounds that are waiting to be fired. I would be happy to help as well.

I am a Former US Marine rifleman (0311 90-93 1/2) and Aircrew Member on KC-130's (6030/6032 94-98 1/2 ). I am self employed now and make my own time. I enjoy flying MY RC planes and I smoke/ collect cigars.

Thanks guys!

Link Posted: 8/20/2003 7:00:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome aboard.

We occasionally get a few of us together up in Lapeer County to shoot. I really don't know of anything down your way where you could shoot as you please.

Check out this thread for a list of threads that have pictures from our shoots www.ar15.com/forums/announcement.html?b=8&f=39&id=93
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 3:24:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Hi Chris,
As lumpy has said, placesaround here are getting few and far between.

You can shoot a >Little< better at the Pontiac Lake DNR range, but it's just a >Little< better that bald Mtn. 6 rounds loaded at a time, slow fire. I shoot there often, as It's close to Me and I usualy don't have allot of time to shoot.

There is also a gun shop called "Double Action" on Dequinder(sp?) road in Madison Heights. They have an indoor range that(I hear) is black rifle friendly.

For all out fun and blast-O-Matic times, nothing beats "The Pit" in lapeer. Several meetings of "The Pit Crew" have taken place there!
(Grumble!.dang Job!..Wife...grumble!..House.. grumble.. keeps Me from shooting..Grumble!)

Look for a map on how to get there in this forum.

Weekends seem to be the best times to meet and shoot with fellow AR-15'ers and friends, there have even been a few full-Auto shoots there too!

Above all, WELCOME!

Tall Shadow
(Mark)
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 7:41:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I live right next door to you in Redford. Double Action is in Madison Heights on Dequidre betwee 13 and 14 mile roads. You can shoot ARs there, but they dont allow any steel core ammo. If you have some of that you are looking to blast off, you might want to consider a gun club Wayne County, Washtenaw, blah blah blah. If you are looking for a half way decent, open to the public, range there is Family Shooters Corral, out in Eaton Rapids. Its kind of between Jackson and Lansing. Its about a good hour to an hour and a half drive, depending on traffic, weather, cops, and anything furry that runs out in front of your car/truck/SUV. Its not a bad little low ball range. It just really sucks when its crowded. The last time we were there, some of the knuckleheads on the range were shooting at our targets, just for the comedic value. It got even funnier (at least in our opinion), when we start shelling them with hot brass If you need anymore info on some of the fine establishments that I mentioned above, just give me a shout. I am usually happy to pass on my knowledge, if it can benefit my fellow man....

WAS
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 8:11:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome aboard Chris,

I work in Westland and shoot at a place on Hix just North of Ford Road on my lunch hour. No rifle range but the pistol lanes are brand new and pretty nice. The place is run by local cops so don't get worried if you see a cruiser or three parked outside.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top