Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2003 4:22:07 PM EDT
Anyone here do any Michigan Turkey hunting? I just today realized I can turkey hunt with my new shotgun, darn 2 days late for the turkey registration. Im hoping that there will be some of the 9,000 tags left on Sept15.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#1]
My dad got back into it after a long lapse, and I was going to give it a shot this fall, but the game area we wanted to go to isn't open to general hunting this fall. It was in the spring when he went. Maybe next spring.
Of course, now I need a new shotgun.
Where did you see 9,000? The DNR site said there were 34,950 licenses, and it looks like 3,600 general licenses with the rest private.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 12:22:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, im talking about my area, area L. Largest number of permits issued in the state.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 3:41:05 PM EDT
[#3]
That makes sense, should've thought of it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 2:45:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I keep thinking about trying it. At My place near gladwin, They're poping out all over the place(turkeys that is), and I don't think there are allot of people hunting them up there. I have never been and have been trying to find a partner or two to go with and learn/help out.

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 7:55:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Furner, I might have asked you before, but would one of  these flocks you've seen be south of Oronoko TWP?  There's prolly about 30-40 of them in my area, and there's times where I've had to stop on the road to let 10 or 12 of them cross down the road from my house.  I didn't think they'd breed with domesticated turkeys, but they used to fly over my neighbor's fence and "visit" his tame ones.  Of course when it comes to turkey season, they dry up.  It must be the 60 or so hunters (I kid you not, mostly trespassing) calling and responding to each other's turkey calls that spook and confuse them.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 3:04:24 PM EDT
[#6]
The flock I am after is roosting right in my back yard. They will feed in the woods around the edge of our property, and ocassionally go onto the bean field next door. They keep within an area between Snow & Shawnee, and Garr and Red Bud. Small flock, but a Tom or 2 in it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 11:53:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Ok, that's a couple (country) blocks from this one.  The flock I see is south of Grange Rd, between Burgoyne (there's always one standing by the road, by the pines) and Coveney.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top