Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2003 5:08:53 PM EDT
I was just reading 308Wood's post http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=190470 and thought "WOW What a great Idea for Us in S.E. Michigan!"

Ok, the short version is.. We do a once a month get together at a restaurant for a little food, drink, meet, Greet & stories!
No big deal, just a bunch of shooters getting together and having a good time.

What do You guy's think???

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:10:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Capital Idea!

Where and when?
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 2:36:35 PM EDT
[#2]
i'm in
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 7:03:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I was thinking the same thing. If my schedule allows, I will be there for sure.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 12:04:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Any idea where and when?
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 6:21:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Any idea where and when?

There is a tacked post with some ideas, add your ideas to the list.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:24:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Here are a few Ideas:

We could meet after one of the various gun shows.
Meet in Lansing. (Central location.)
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:14:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Lansing is good, as well as Birch Run.

might be a little for the miz and i on account of the new baby, but we shall overcome.........
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:01:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm realy thinking that the whole "Birch Run" or Great lakes crossing thing might just be the way to go. Fairly easy to get to, plenty of places to eat, lots of places to keep the S.O. busy while the boy's chat. Hummmmm!

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:53:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I am open to any location, my thought was towards people on the west side of the state.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:56:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Imagine this..........

Dinner at Great Lakes Crossing followed by 30 minutes of range time in Bass Pro Shops
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:31:49 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Imagine this..........

Dinner at Great Lakes Crossing followed by 30 minutes of range time in Bass Pro Shops

ding,ding,ding!!!!!!!  i think we have a winner.

dave, how big IS the bass pro range BTW?
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:41:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Imagine this..........

Hey Lumpy,
Do They allow "Evil Black Rifles" there? or will we have to pistol shoot?

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 4:38:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Imagine this..........

Hey Lumpy,

Tall Shadow

No Evil Black Rifles, but the pistol range is great.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:50:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I thought I had read on either MGOUC.com or MCRGO.org one time that Bass Pro Shops had reversed their ban on evil black rifles. But then again, I don't think they will allow FMJ out of a rifle.

Anybody live close enough that it would be a local phone call to find out?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Double Action Sports has an indoor range that is kick-ass, and they allow black rifles. They aren't too keen on Kaleshnikovs because there are yo-yo's out there that still have steel core ammo that tears up the bullet traps. Seriously, they've never even blinked at me shooting my AR there.

They are open late too, and there's nothing like touching off a centerfire rifle inside a building! They are convenient too-they are on Dequindre between 13 & 14 mile. Helluva gunshop too.

Dave
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:49:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Double Action Sports has an indoor range that is kick-ass, and they allow black rifles. They aren't too keen on Kaleshnikovs because there are yo-yo's out there that still have steel core ammo that tears up the bullet traps. Seriously, they've never even blinked at me shooting my AR there.

They are open late too, and there's nothing like touching off a centerfire rifle inside a building! They are convenient too-they are on Dequindre between 13 & 14 mile. Helluva gunshop too.

Dave

i'll have to second that.
a buddy of mine (Bruce) used to work there, i also used to qualify there when i worked at Henry Ford Hospital.
i noticed that they aren't too concerned about the type of the rifle per se, but they do run a magnet test on the ammo you shoot.
good people.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 2:35:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Double-action is where I take new shooters because they are cool about letting folks browse and ask questions.

They rent handguns at reasonable rates but you have to shoot their ammo (in rental guns) which isn't quite as reasonable.

All in all a very good (indoor) place to shoot.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 12:30:33 PM EDT
[#18]
i would be in for a shoot at double action. just got back from there.

i'd really like to shoot at 'the pit.' never been there. maybe a lunch somewhere then some shooting. then a beer.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 4:45:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Imagine this..........

Hey Lumpy,

Tall Shadow

No Evil Black Rifles, but the pistol range is great.

My buddy went up there at lunch. I asked him to pick up a copy of their rules if he could. I have it in front of me. I don't have a scanner so I can't post it, but if you all are interested I can type in the pertinent parts.
It doesn't mention "evil black rifles," but it does say NO FIREARMS THAT ARE FULLY AUTOMATIC OR CAN BE CONVERTED TO AUTOMATIC WHILE AT BASS PRO SHOPS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top