Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2022 12:43:10 PM EDT
My girlfriend and I will be making a run to her vacation home in Blairsville, GA again next week and this time we want to head up to the Great Smoky Mountain National Park area to do some hiking.  Somewhere along the route there we also want to do some zip lining and I was hoping the TN members could suggest some of the better outfits.  We’ve both done Canopy Ziplining Tour in Blue Ridge, GA so we are looking for something new to experience together.  Our route will end in Gatlinburg (I know- touristy as heck but she’s never been there) so anything between Blairsville, GA and that area would work.

During this trip we also want to do some whitewater rafting which I’ve never done.  She’s been on the Ocoee before but was thinking of finding another place so it would be new to both of us.  Our plan is to daytrip to wherever we do the rafting trip from her place in Blairsville so for this suggestion we’d like to find something no more than about an hour and a half from there.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions- much appreciated!
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 12:51:59 PM EDT
[#1]
You can try wear valley zip line adventures  I haven't been to that one but know a few people that have they liked it alot
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 5:21:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been to zip line adventure locations at the Fontanel  and the Narrows of the Harpeth. Both times were great. No issues.
Would not hesitate to go to the Weirs Valley location.

+1 to Zip Line Adventures.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 9:34:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the suggestions, guys.  We’ve checked this place out and are likely going to go with it.  We were looking at another outfit east of there on the other side fo Gatlinburg but the girlfriend thinks this one looks better.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 11:37:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Check these guys out.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 8:32:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Legacy mountain zip lines near pigeon forge is best zip line…
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:12:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check these guys out.
View Quote

I'll second Shoresy's recommendation. As a bonus, if you look down from a couple of the Climbworks towers, you can see the campground my family goes to frequently. http://orgtn.org/
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 10:21:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.  We ended up doing CLIMBWorks and couldn’t have been happier with the experience.  I’ve zipped several times before and it was obvious that this is a first-class operation.  For example, their braking system is nice and it was great not to have to wear heavy leather gloves and wonder if you can stop yourself by grabbing the cable.  Just a fantastic experience top to bottom.

Thanks again to everyone for all of the guidance and input.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top