Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2022 1:21:52 AM EDT
Taking a trip in the future and thinking about staying a day or two in New Tazewell. I don't know much about it, but any feedback on the area would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 6:15:24 AM EDT
[#1]
There isn’t much there at all. 2 days there?

Maybe go to Norris lake?
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 8:57:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Stay in Knoxville,  drive up and spend a couple hours in the area.  Maybe take a drive through methbilly country just for perspective.
Go back to Knoxville and have dinner at the tap house downtown.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 10:36:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stay in Knoxville,  drive up and spend a couple hours in the area.  Maybe take a drive through methbilly country just for perspective.
Go back to Knoxville and have dinner at the tap house downtown.
View Quote

Good advice. I cannot imagine having to spend several hours there much less 2 days.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 12:41:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

We will be stopping to see some friends who rented a house south of New Tazwell, so it's not actually in town. It's right on a waterway - actually I think it is Norris Lake. It curves around so much, I thought it was a river, but Google Maps says it's Norris Lake.

Is that a nice lake?

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 1:03:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, it’s Norris lake. It was TVA’s very first dam constructed back in the early 30’s. Norris lake is fed by two rivers, the Clinch and the Powell.

Norris is a nice lake but can get quite crowded in the summer especially on weekends.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 11:53:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the reply. Any rules against transporting a rifle through TN? I did some research and didn't see any restrictions, but thought I would double check. Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top