Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2022 9:07:26 PM EDT
My wife’s brother was murdered in San Francisco in early April.  We’ve recently come home to green hills.  We have no friends or family in Nashville, they’re all back in the Bay Area where you are now 2x more likely to be murdered than in Compton, Los Angeles, and have a 1 in 16 chance of encountering violence or property theft in the most expensive neighborhoods in America outside Atherton.

My wife won’t turn to the church because they hassled us about her mother about her brother’s baptism, and his burial was delayed for weeks.  I am working on that.  I still like Christ the King over by Martins.  We’ll get there.  She won’t turn to shrinks because it’s a racket and I agree.  Sorry but they’re drug dealers at the end of the day.

What we need is a good support and guard dog.  A dog that will maintain high situational awareness while I’m away and help being my wife out of a semi catatonic state.

Does anyone know where I can get a Dutch Sheppard, or similar pup in the Nashville area?  I can use Google maps - I see what’s available for adoption near me and that’s all fine.  I suppose Im looking for a breeder I can make a deal with because Im not exactly flush right now.  

Anyway, any suggestions are welcome.  Hoping some of you Vets know what I’m talking about.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 1:13:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 12:08:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, bodybagger. I think these guys are a little too small for us, but we really appreciate it.

Beggars can tbe choosers, except when they have to spend a lifetime together.

Still  ooking!
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 4:23:31 PM EDT
[#3]
There are quite a few GSD rescues in Tenn. Try Middle Tenn rescue Here
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:08:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are quite a few GSD rescues in Tenn. Try Middle Tenn rescue Here
View Quote

I dealt with Middle TN German Shepard Rescue a few years ago when we had a lost shepard mix dog show up at our house. They reached out to me when I posted the "found" notice on our neighborhood email list.  Really proactive in helping me get the dog back to it's owner.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:25:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:39:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I dealt with Middle TN German Shepard Rescue a few years ago when we had a lost shepard mix dog show up at our house. They reached out to me when I posted the "found" notice on our neighborhood email list.  Really proactive in helping me get the dog back to it's owner.
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:46:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Aw man...how much ammo, gas, and food must I forgo to buy this fellow:  https://puppies.com/listings/c47c1ba8-4fec-46f1-896a-84f3ed42725d

I don't even think Id change that name
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Blue Shepherds are awesome. They usually retain that coat through adulthood.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 10:59:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Recently heard that Weimerainers are good dogs, less amped up that Sheppards, and I like the looks of them quite a bit. But they freak the wife out.  I’m just afraid if we go with a Sheppard we’ll get overrun by the main fence and exercise needs, and now I regret bringing it up.  I guess there may be something to be said for individual disposition.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 12:43:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Recently heard that Weimerainers are good dogs, less amped up that Sheppards, and I like the looks of them quite a bit. But they freak the wife out.  I'm just afraid if we go with a Sheppard we'll get overrun by the main fence and exercise needs, and now I regret bringing it up.  I guess there may be something to be said for individual disposition.
View Quote
Weimy's are great dogs. Very goofy and warm, not quite as aloof as GSDs. They're huge so people get nervous around them but they're as friendly as it gets.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top