Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2022 11:26:18 AM EDT
Saw two earlier this week, four just flew over.

Been here 10 years and only military flights I've seen have been special event flyovers and an occassional stop for gas or something at BNA.

Anybody know what gives?

Has a unit transferred into the area?
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 1:33:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Been here 10 years and only military flights I've seen have been special event flyovers and an occassional stop for gas or something at BNA.

View Quote

I'm just outside of Nashville, on the west side, and I couldn't even guess how many times my windows have been rattled by military flights.

Five Chinooks in a staggered formation will get the windows rattling for a while.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 2:03:20 PM EDT
[#2]
East of town.  Lots of Blackhawks.

And the Vandy life flight on the weekends hauling the motorcycle wrecks to VUMC.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:25:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 11:08:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Jade Helm 2.0
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:09:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I saw military aircraft, including helicopters, regularly in East Nashville.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:40:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Just about all of Middle Tennessee is in the Ft. Campbell local flying area.

If OP saw a flight of 4 Apaches in the daylight, they were traveling to somewhere.  

Majority of Apache tactical training is done at night.  You wouldn't see them for the most part.

Link Posted: 5/1/2022 7:23:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 7:33:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I have seen a few in recent months. Usually lots of Black Hawks passing over Nastyville
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 8:45:17 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm in western part of Rutherford county and there's always a two-ship or more of Blackhawks flying over our area. Hell not that long ago I watched them doing landings in various fields (assuming they were practicing LZs and what not).  Occasionally we'll see a mixed flight of BH, Chinooks, and Apache's heading east, possibly to Arnold in Tullahoma.  

What I'm saying, it's very common, especially on drill weekends.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 7:45:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Y’all realize two of the biggest aviation units in the Army are a 20 min TOF north of Nashvegas?
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 12:58:51 PM EDT
[#11]
We are smack in the middle of a low flying area and get gun runs from A10's time to time
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:20:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I saw em headed to Smyrna over Nolensville.

The ones I saw were AH1Z’s.

ETA: I’ve also seen Ospreys on the way to Smyrna as well.

I assume there’s a Marine reserve unit there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top