Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2022 11:09:12 PM EDT
I live in Johnson City and the only ranges we have are two public ranges and a private club that's 12-4pm only, bench only and from what I can tell, slightly fudd-fest.

The public ranges are a nightmare - if you can even get a chance to shoot as they're packed.

Unfortunately I don't know anywhere I can shoot how I want to - standing, running drills, evening shooting, etc.

We have land nearby that's run by the forest service - am I able to shoot on that land if I find a good backstop away from homes?
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:16:23 PM EDT
[#1]
The public ranges are sketchy, that's for sure.
https://www.fs.usda.gov/visit/know-before-you-go/shooting

There is a ranger station near Exit 32 in Unicoi Co. I'd probably swing by and talk to them.

Also checkout Kettlefoot in Bristol.
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 10:35:59 AM EDT
[#2]
welcome
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 1:08:36 PM EDT
[#3]
my range in erwin will be back in service soon
gravel being delivered soon, i hope
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top