Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2022 6:35:08 PM EDT
All I need is a recoil pad mounted on a shotgun. The stock needs to be shortened a bit for a different LOP and then the pad ground down to fit.

Anyone have a recommendation?
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 1:26:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Sonora Institute. I believe they have tuition assistance.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 7:37:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sonora Institute. I believe they have tuition assistance.
View Quote

I ain’t wanting to head down to old Mexico, got something closer there Reb?
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 9:17:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Bumping this. I'm also wondering who is a good gunsmith in knoxville these days.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:23:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I only knew two that were truly qualified, school trained.  One retired, and the other moved to Colorado a few years ago to look after his ailing mother.  Both are sorely missed…

We have lots of shade-tree gunsmiths, but very few with full shops, lathes, and the experience to turn concentric barrels/properly crown barrels. Cree coating is also hit or miss in the Knoxville area.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:39:24 AM EDT
[#5]
If you can’t find anyone local, I am in Tennessee and I have an FFL. I actually just put a recoil pad on a browning  a couple weeks ago for a guy. Doesn’t seem like this is a real common request anymore, but I can do it.

I have a machine shop, and I can thread barrels, drill and tap for scope mounts, profile barrels, etc. I do some bluing and parkerizing(my tanks aren’t all that big, so I’m a little limited as to size). My website is a work in progress, but it does have a few pictures of some of my work.

Here
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 3:28:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Anybody used AB Prototope out of Oak Ridge?
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 7:19:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anybody used AB Prototope out of Oak Ridge?
View Quote

I was in his shop a couple of weeks ago. Very nice and knowledgeable guy. Very clean and orderly shop. If it comes to Sigs and Glocks, he knows his stuff and has lots of guns, parts and accessories for them.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:09:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Knoxville Tactical used to have a gunsmith.  Don't know about now.

https://www.facebook.com/knoxvilletactical/  They don't have a website.  Just off I-75 at the Emory Road exit.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 5:57:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Knoxville Tactical used to have a gunsmith.  Don't know about now.

https://www.facebook.com/knoxvilletactical/  They don't have a website.  Just off I-75 at the Emory Road exit.
View Quote

I was in there the other day picking up a transfer and I asked about a gunsmith. They said they have 2 "armorers". I had read on Facebook their gunsmith moved away or something.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 7:45:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Elite Custom Guns in Seymour.
He's done a number of things for me - including a recoil pad install - and always been extremely happy.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 8:53:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 6:27:56 AM EDT
[#12]
I am new to the area and the guys over at Tennessee Silencer pointed me to Schultz precision for a barrel cut (very happy with the service) and Wood bros gunsmith in Maryville (have not used yet)

Link Posted: 6/23/2022 11:05:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone know of someone with bluing tanks? I came into a k31 project gun that the barrel/receiver needs rebluing.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 7:36:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Anyone know of someone with bluing tanks? I came into a k31 project gun that the barrel/receiver needs rebluing.
View Quote

Slagle Gunsmithing up in Morristown can blue for you.  

Link Posted: 6/25/2022 5:21:22 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

I second Vids Custom. He mounted two recoil pads for me on an old SxS and a Red Label. Top notch dude and does great work.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 3:53:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Slagle Gunsmithing up in Morristown can blue for you.  

View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 7:56:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Another vote for VID. Chris has done several transfers and builds for me, always top notch.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 4:01:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Can VID thread barrels too?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top