Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2022 3:19:07 PM EDT
Hi all,
In April I’ll be making a drive from MI to GA with the wife and an 11 month old baby and looking for a safe clean place to stop for the night. No other real requirements, but a nearby spot for good breakfast would be a welcome bonus.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 7:34:49 PM EDT
[#1]
There are a lot of motels and restaurants at the Shallowford Rd (Exit 5), but they are well-known for drugs, overdoses, and prostitution.
A bit farther north, The Hampton at Exit 11 (Ooltewah - pronounced "ootawah" locally) is a better choice. There is a Waffle House (aka America's Restaurant) at that exit.
The I-75 and I-24 junction at the TN/GA line is a clusterfuck of major proportions, and construction is ongoing. Just stay in the left lane until you're well into GA.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 8:40:52 PM EDT
[#2]
When I was working out of Chattanooga several years ago, I would stay at the Hampton Inn on Shallowford Rd. I would always get one of the newer inside rooms, not the older rooms with the door opening to the outside. Places to eat there kind of sucked unless you went over to the mall. But if I was doing it now, I'm with the other poster, go to the Ooletwah exit and stay at the HI or other hotels there. Better places to eat and a safer area.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:27:04 PM EDT
[#3]
The Staybridge off of Shallowford Rd is fine.      The Hampton in Ooltewah mentioned above is fine.          If you want to be about 30 min north up 75, there is a Hampton Inn in Cleveland.   I've stayed there plenty as well.   Was always fine and quiet also.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 12:56:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Hampton Inn Chattanooga North, in Ooltewah.  

Whole family stayed--everyone was pleased, including the teenagers.  

Has a decent breakfast that comes with the price of the room.  There's a Chick-Fil-A across the street, and others nearby.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 1:38:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Have to agree with the others recommending Ooltewah.

The Comfort inn and the Hampton on Shallowford were nice years ago.  Not so much these days.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 8:32:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Staybridge Suites off Shallowford Road +1

It has been at least two years, but it was GTG back then.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:36:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks all! We’re booked at the Shallowford rd place.
All your input is much appreciated!
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 9:36:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Late to the party but my last company always put us up at the Hampton Inn here:

2014 Hamilton Pl Blvd, Chattanooga, TN 37421

Lots of restaurants around, safe, just off 75, been there many times in the last few years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top