Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2016 1:11:37 PM EDT
I'm starting my vacation/staycation today and want to try some new and interesting (non chain) restaurants out. I don't  care if it's a greasy spoon or fine dining, I just want good food. I'm in Clarksville and would like for it to be 2.5 or less hour drive. If there is anything else interesting in the area to check out, that would be an added bonus. Any ideas or recommendations would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 3:27:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Five Points Pizza in East Nashville is worth the drive IMO. Garlic knots are awesome.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 5:21:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Gf lives in Clarksville so Im over there alot. Have you ate at the Liberty Park Grill? I think thats what its called. Right over there off Riverside dr. Its pretty good. We try to find the non chain restaurants too.. So Im open for suggestions In Clarksville as well as surrounding areas.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 5:30:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Slow & Low BBQ off Charlotte Avenue in Nashville is good barbecue, and I highly recommend their brisket and ribs. Their sides are really tasty, as well.

Burger Republic in The Gulch is a good place for burgers and beer. They have alcoholic milkshakes, too, so leave room.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 8:33:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Coco's Italian on 51st.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 9:03:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Coco's Italian on 51st.
View Quote

Oooo... Good call, one of Mrs. IHJ's favorite places on the West Side.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 9:11:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Kori for Sushi on the 76 connector in Clarksville, Siam Cuisine for Thai on White bridge Road in Nashville and Martin's Barbque for redneck tacos in Nolensville.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 9:31:59 PM EDT
[#7]
S&J, Harper House in Hopkinsville. Black Sheep Bistro in Trenton. Sunshine, Elaine's, Looking Glass in Clarksville.  Nashville?  We ain't got the server room for that.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 4:16:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Might try the high point on monteagle mountain.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 6:34:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Gf lives in Clarksville so Im over there alot. Have you ate at the Liberty Park Grill? I think thats what its called. Right over there off Riverside dr. Its pretty good. We try to find the non chain restaurants too.. So Im open for suggestions In Clarksville as well as surrounding areas.
View Quote

Gas station on Ashland city road about 3 miles south of 41A has pretty damn good bbq on the weekends. They run a big smokehouse out back.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 7:31:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Demos in cookville.  Steak and Spaghetti
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
[quote
Gas station on Ashland city road about 3 miles south of 41A has pretty damn good bbq on the weekends. They run a big smokehouse out back.
View Quote

That is Excel grocery/BBQ and it's probably the best I've had.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 10:53:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
[quote

Yeah that's what I was thinking. The more run down the better. I've checked some deer at that gas station.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 12:21:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll second slow and lo, great food. Also in the charlotte area of Nashville,  Bro's Cajun Cuisine 3214 charlotte. It's a hole in the wall but good. I'm also a fan of mcdougal's chicken on white bridge.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 1:16:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'll second slow and lo, great food. Also in the charlotte area of Nashville,  Bro's Cajun Cuisine 3214 charlotte. It's a hole in the wall but good. I'm also a fan of mcdougal's chicken on white bridge.
View Quote

To hell with Bros. Been there twice and got the shits both times.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 6:27:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I had Elaine's bulgogi omlet and my wife had bulgogi with rice, egg roll, and kimchi this morning. The food and service were very good and it was moderately priced especially for the portions you get. It's definitely a hole in the wall, but I love those kind of places.

Egg Bulgogi by , on Flickr" />

image2 (1) by , on Flickr" />
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 7:47:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm starting my vacation/staycation today and want to try some new and interesting (non chain) restaurants out. I don't  care if it's a greasy spoon or fine dining, I just want good food. I'm in Clarksville and would like for it to be 2.5 or less hour drive. If there is anything else interesting in the area to check out, that would be an added bonus. Any ideas or recommendations would be appreciated.
View Quote

How about stuff in Hopkinsville?  It's just 30 miles away from Clarksville (depending on which part you're coming from)

DaVinci Little Italian Restaurant - Italian food!
http://hopkinsvillebrewingcompany.com - Locally brewed beer!
Horseshoe Steakhouse Awesome steaks, always busy.

Quoted:
I had Elaine's bulgogi omlet and my wife had bulgogi with rice, egg roll, and kimchi this morning. The food and service were very good and it was moderately priced especially for the portions you get. It's definitely a hole in the wall, but I love those kind of places.
View Quote

Oh yeah, Elaine's is good.  ... just don't order the pancakes unless you have no plans to eat again for the week.  Those things are GIGANTIC!  Really good chicken fried steak too!
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 7:56:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Slow & Low BBQ off Charlotte Avenue in Nashville is good barbecue, and I highly recommend their brisket and ribs. Their sides are really tasty, as well.

Burger Republic in The Gulch is a good place for burgers and beer. They have alcoholic milkshakes, too, so leave room.
View Quote

Get naked wings too at slow & low, pick sauce of your side to dip in. Smoked wings are the shit.

Also brisket tacos at Edley's.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 10:36:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Might try the high point on monteagle mountain.
View Quote

If you get over that way, also check out the Smokehouse restaurant (Jim Olivers Smokehouse). Last I was there, they had good food, decent
music on the weekend evenings.

Little over 2 hrs from you.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 1:02:35 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Get naked wings too at slow & low, pick sauce of your side to dip in. Smoked wings are the shit.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Tuck Special at Edley's.

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 12:49:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Kori for Sushi on the 76 connector in Clarksville, Siam Cuisine for Thai on White bridge Road in Nashville and Martin's Barbque for redneck tacos in Nolensville.
View Quote

I second Kori.  The wife and I eat there frequently.    Have only been to the Liberty Grill once, but wasn't impressed with the food.    Could have been an off day.

Riverview restaurant in Ashland City is alright.   But we usually take the boat there.     I'm sure you know of the Blackhorse in Clarksville.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:54:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Toots in the Boro wants you
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:23:36 PM EDT
[#22]
We had planned on breakfast today at North vs South on the South side of Clarksville, but got a late start and had lunch. They are known for their breakfast and we will hit it again for a try. I had the Cajun burger with fresh home grown jalapeños and Swiss with rings on the side and the wife had a ginormous baked potato. The burger was a little smallish and the beef was of good quality. The grilled jalapeños made the burger. Wife said hers was just ok. I can't say it would be something I would just crave, but it was a pretty good lunch and very reasonably priced.
 Tonight we had Da Vinci in Hoptown and it was on par with some of the best Italian I've had. I had beef ravioli and the wife had portobello mushroom ravioli, both were outstanding. The focaccia bread and oil appetizer was great also. It's definitely on our list of great places to eat now.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 2:21:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Demos in cookville.  Steak and Spaghetti
View Quote

I've heard great things about Demo's, but if I'm in Cookeville then I'm eating at Crawdaddy's.  Love the gatorbites, and it's the only restaurant that I look forward to the vegetables as much as the steak-this coming from a person that doesn't really like vegetables.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 2:32:52 PM EDT
[#24]
My suggestions you may already know about, if so...sorry! I have been wanting to try out Moss's Southern Cooking over at Memorial and Clearview Drive. They always seem to be packed when I drive past there, so I assume that it is good food. We tried the Catfish house over on Zinc Plant Rd and it wasn't bad. Lastly, there is Richard's Cafe down on White's Creek Pike that serves Cajun food.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 5:41:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:22:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Jeep29, is the schnitzel as good as the old rod and gun club?
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 12:26:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My suggestions you may already know about, if so...sorry! I have been wanting to try out Moss's Southern Cooking over at Memorial and Clearview Drive. They always seem to be packed when I drive past there, so I assume that it is good food. We tried the Catfish house over on Zinc Plant Rd and it wasn't bad. Lastly, there is Richard's Cafe down on White's Creek Pike that serves Cajun food.
View Quote

The Catfish house is my bi weekly destination and one of my favorites. Moss's is pretty good I really like the corn sticks and ho cakes. We tried Moonlite BBQ in Owensboro tonight and it was very good. The mutton and burgoo were great.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 12:52:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Puckett's on the square in Columbia
Shaffer's BBQ in Summertown (get the brisket!)
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:45:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Thanks Jeep29, I wasn't trying to hijack your thread TheGoon, enjoy your staycation, see you when you get back to work.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:48:35 PM EDT
[#31]
This morning it was The Red Bicycle in Germantown and it was just meh. The wife wanted to go for the crapes and that was probably my first and last time for them. She enjoyed hers and mine was just ok. There were a bunch of hipsters around which is definitely not my crowd. We had Five Points Pizza for dinner and it was very good. The garlic knots were great and the crust on the pizza was fantastic. The only negative I can say about Five Points is that I had to pay to park, that drives me crazy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top