Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2014 6:07:59 PM EDT
Jerky at the Agricenter this weekend. Anyone going? I'll be there Sat morning.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:35:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Nashville Gun Co will be there in full force!
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:54:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Going to try to go, possibly looking for a shield.  Depends on the wife's scedule, if she has any showings.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:46:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I will also try to stop by. The wife just got her Handgun Permit, so hopefully somebody will have holsters this time. I could also use some more mags and a sling. I hope that guy that that sells all the Magpul stuff will be there this month. Nice guys, and usually a good selection. I am also tempted to pick up some GI mags this time, if they are $10 again. Damn... also need some more ammo cans...

OK, so I DO need to go... see yall Saturday...

Trouper
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:51:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:25:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Going to try to go, possibly looking for a shield.  Depends on the wife's scedule, if she has any showings.

View Quote

I am also looking for a Shield. There is a place in Memphis that has them on sale for 425, but I would like to get out the door for 425-450ish. Let me know if you find one and how the prices are, I would like to find a gently used one.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:29:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I didn't think we were going to gunshows anymore.

View Quote

I go to most of them. I quit posting it for a while, because no one ever replied. I figured since most of the scalping is over, it might be worth a try to round up some TN home towners.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:42:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Scalps, you say???

Hmm...

I think I'm going to drive to Knob Creek on Saturday at Oh-Dark-Hundred and check it out.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 12:35:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Scalps, you say???
View Quote

Scalping might be to strong. Maybe extreme market capitalism. Hell, i don't know. I do know, I wasn't payin those price from the panic.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#9]
keep all pricing discussions, etc, off the board, please ~das Hank
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 3:52:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll be at Knob Creek.........

Checking out the real fun stuff......
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:02:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Nashville Gun Co will be there in full force!
View Quote

Well, not quite FULL force........................    
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:59:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Heading over Saturday, need some more pistol powder.  Down to my last pound ofhp38 and haven't seen it in months.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 6:23:27 AM EDT
[#13]
My son (a new AR enthusiast) called me and is dying to go. I told him not to get his hopes up about finding great deals, but we will be attending. He is currently building 2 lowers (Tennessee Arms Co and Adams Arms), and is looking for upper parts and tools.

If any of y'all are there on Saturday, introduce yourselves! You probably cant miss our group. My young daughter will be with us, and she rocks a really cool black power wheelchair with a flowery messenger bag attached to the side of it... Hard to miss her! Im trying to get her interested in guns, but she goes just to look at the "cute boys in camouflage..." Dang Teenagers!

Trouper
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 8:04:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'll be at Knob Creek.........

Checking out the real fun stuff......
View Quote

Look for the big Sioux guy with the G3 on his back.

Just approach me from the front, please.

EDIT: I didn't get back in town until late last night, so I'm out for this KCR Shoot. See ya in the fall...
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 5:13:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah I'll be going Saturday morning.

I hope they have a good selection of jerky and airsoft like last time.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:37:48 AM EDT
[#16]
I'll probably be dropping in this afternoon.  Hopefully one of you guys that are going this morning can give me a go/no go before then?  I'll probably go anyway...
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 9:22:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'll probably be dropping in this afternoon.  Hopefully one of you guys that are going this morning can give me a go/no go before then?  I'll probably go anyway...
View Quote

The show was ok. There was a good jerky table. A good supply of guns for sale at ok prices. A couple of tables of AR parts and accessories. 22 ammo was still priced sky high, $60-$80 a brick. Lots of .223/5.56 at slightly elevated prices, but not terrible, $0.40-$0.50 pre round for 55gr. Not much reloading and what reloading they had was high.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 10:02:44 AM EDT
[#18]
The reloading guy was not there so powder is scarce. Passed on some Varget at $34 a pound. Would have paid it if I really needed it though.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 1:28:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

My son (a new AR enthusiast) called me and is dying to go. I told him not to get his hopes up about finding great deals, but we will be attending. He is currently building 2 lowers (Tennessee Arms Co and Adams Arms), and is looking for upper parts and tools.

If any of y'all are there on Saturday, introduce yourselves! You probably cant miss our group. My young daughter will be with us, and she rocks a really cool black power wheelchair with a flowery messenger bag attached to the side of it... Hard to miss her! Im trying to get her interested in guns, but she goes just to look at the "cute boys in camouflage..." Dang Teenagers!

Trouper
View Quote

I read Black Power wheelchair and had to pause...... whewwwww.

Link Posted: 4/12/2014 7:03:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

.22 ammo was still priced sky high, $60-$80 a brick.
View Quote

Reese had some for less than $40 per brick, IIRC?
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:08:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Dude, my eyes are still watering from laughing so hard!

I guess I should have proof read my post... maybe describe it as a dark colored motorized people mover?

That sure was funny right there!

Troup
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:05:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Reese told me today they had a good sales weekend. Hope folks stopped by to introduce themselves & say howdee.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:11:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Reese told me today they had a good sales weekend. Hope folks stopped by to introduce themselves & say howdee.
View Quote

I stopped by and Reese introduced me to a FN PS90 that I couldn't pass up.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 8:25:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:38:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Forgot to mention it, but we enjoyed the show this time. i picked up some small parts and spoke to alot of decent sellers. Prices were still high on Ammo, but coming down some. I still need to find a decent/cheap ambi sling endplate adapter that will work with the MS3 though... didnt like the Magpul ASAP after seeing it up close.

Trouper
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:52:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 10:32:19 AM EDT
[#27]
I picked up a nice spotting scope, about $50 to $70 under what they are going for on eBay, some cool little metal matches that work off lighter fluid.  And a case of MREs for $52!  

This was one of the better shows for me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:19:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Hank,
Now thats what I'm talking abou! That is exactly what I need. Similar to the Tapco one, but this one looks alot sturdier. Thanks again... order on the way!

Trouper

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:03:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
http://ikickhippies.com/

I have their sling plate and like it
View Quote

Without your old avatar, I didn't recognize you.

Hope things are going well.

TXL
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:34:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:24:35 AM EDT
[#31]
It seems that Edward is gonna have a First Monday venue in Canton TX.

First monday tradedays is a GIGANTIC flea market in Canton.  It's on Fri, Sat, and Sun of the weekend before the first monday of the month.

I think he is renting out a huge space with the idea of having ARFCOMMER's and folks stop buy to meet folks, buy arf gear, and generally a place for the men to hang out while the woman spend their husbands paychecks.

Should be in the newsletter according to TRG.

TXL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top