Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2013 6:03:13 AM EDT
Just heard about it.  Apparently, now that Big Ed (already passed) and now his son who has recently passed away, they 've closed the restaurant trying to figure out what to do with it?  I haven't been by there, but can anyone confirm/deny?  I was hoping to get an ARFCOM area meet-up going on there.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:30:09 AM EDT
[#1]
i hadn't heard, but that is a major bummer if true.  it is definitely an institution
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:09:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Never get high on your own supply. That had to be the greasiest pizza I've ever ate.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:31:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never get high on your own supply. That had to be the greasiest pizza I've ever ate.
View Quote

Well, in all fairness, if he hadn't.....he'd just be called "Ed."
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:06:09 AM EDT
[#4]
This sucks!  Where am I supposed to eat pre game there now?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:22:59 AM EDT
[#5]
David's  death was in the local media here in Knoxville. He had a viral infection a couple of years ago that settled in his heart and he suffered complications from that that led to his passing.

The media made no mention of the future of the restaurant, so right now it is closed. No mention was made of any other family members opening it back up.

Very sad.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:01:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I grew up in OR eating Big Ed's pizza. Love it. Hopefully someone else in the family will keep it going.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:59:21 AM EDT
[#7]
It is staying OPEN, after the funeral.

http://oakridgetoday.com/2013/10/26/big-eds-owners-wife-releases-statement-david-neusels-death-funeral/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top