Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2013 1:54:00 PM EDT
Tennessee folks!

There is an Project Appleseed rifle clinicthis coming weekend (27-28 July) at the Arnold Air Force Base, TN. Rifle Range in Manchester, TN.  This is a beautiful range with overhead cover for shooters and bathrooms close to the firing line.  Our weekend clinic is family friendly, responsible children are welcome!   While this is a military base, the range is on an public-access road.  No drama with gate guards or military police.

There are still plenty of spots on the line available. You can register by clicking here.

Please review: How to Prepare for an Event

Don't let the lack of a trainer rifle or ammo availability stop you from attending.  Send me a PM if that is an issue for you.  We should be able to work something out.

Additional Information:

Safety Notice:  Rifles must be cased and left in vehicle until after the Safety Briefing. Do Not bring your firearms out until instructed to bring them to the firing line. No loaded firearms on the range unless on the firing line and load command has been given. Eye and ear protection required. No illegal firearms are allowed. Range supports .22 caliber rimfire and centerfire rifles.

Range Fee: NONE

Camping Available:  None on site, this is a Military Base. KOA in Manchester

Hotels: Microtel Inn & Suites (Official Appleseed Hotel – Ask for the APPLESEED DISCOUNT)
   201 Expressway Drive
   I-24 Exit 114
   Manchester, TN 37355
  (931) 723-7001 or 800-771-7171

Super 8 Manchester
  2430 Hilsboro Blvd.
  I-24 & US 41 at Exit 114
  Manchester, TN. 37355-6535
  (931)728-9720
  http://www.super8.com/super8/control/booking/property_info?propertyId=08516

Ramada Limited Manchester TN
  2314 Hillsboro Blvd.
  US 41 & I-24
  Manchester, TN 37355
  (931)728-0800

Directions:  Manchester is between Nashville and Chattanooga, TENN, on I-24.

From I-24 get off at exit 117 South East of Manchester, proceed west on Arnold AFB's Wattendorf Memorial Highway towards Tullahoma about 8-9 miles.  Watch for the signs for the AEDC Rifle Range and Tennessee National Guard Ranges and turn right on Rifle Range road. Once on the Rifle Range Road cross railroad tracks then about 1/8 to 1/4 mile turn right into the Rifle Range complex, there is a Vietnam era Armored Personnel Carrier on display just inside the gate. Follow the Appleseed Signs to the General Purpose Range

From Tullahoma, Tenn.  at the light on highway 55 as you are leaving Tullahoma turn tight on the AEDC Access Road which becomes Wattendorff Memorial Highway once on base, drive approx 2-3 miles, watch for the rifle range signs and turn left on Rifle Range Road. Cross a railroad track and a few hundred yards later turn right at the range entrance.

IMPORTANT – DRIVE SLOW ONCE INSIDE THE RANGE COMPLEX -There often are National Guard or Active Duty Military units training on other ranges in the complex and/or civilian NRA and CMP rifle competitions.   ALSO be aware that instructions that come with your EventBrite Registration may take you to City Hall in Manchester, several miles from the rifle range – Use the GPS location below.

GPS: N35 - 21.907 W86 - 7.616

State Laws to be aware of:

Tennessee State gun laws at the NRA: nraila.org/gun-laws/state-laws/tennessee.aspx
Tennessee State gun laws at GLBS: gunlawsbystate.com/#!/states/tennessee-gun-laws

Misc: Standard range rules apply.  This is a 25 meter only event, so bring the 22s and gain valuable marksmanship skills without the expense of center fire.  Center fire is also welcome up to .30 caliber.   No lunch will be provided. Be sure to bring lunch and snacks, as well as plenty of water.  No alcohol on the range.

For more information contact: TN State Coordinator [email protected]
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 4:27:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I shared this. Thanks for the reminder!
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:46:50 AM EDT
[#2]
A quick bump!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top