Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2013 7:01:35 AM EDT
My HCP expires in about 6 months.  I know at one time there was a very long turnaround time.  How soon are you guys renewing before expiration?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 8:00:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Last time i renewed, I waited until they sent the renewal and I took it to the drivers station to renew instead of mailing it in. They issued a paper temp permit that was valid until the new card came. That might be your best option.
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 8:08:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Last time i renewed, I waited until they sent the renewal and I took it to the drivers station to renew instead of mailing it in. They issued a paper temp permit that was valid until the new card came. That might be your best option.

That's what I just did.

Link Posted: 1/28/2013 8:09:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My HCP expires in about 6 months.  I know at one time there was a very long turnaround time.  How soon are you guys renewing before expiration?

Thanks

I usually just wait till I get the notice in the mail. If you send it in right a way you should get your new card back before your old one expires. This will save you having to keep that full sheet of paper in your wallet. They have been really doing a good job for my students. Some have been getting them back in 2 weeks.

Link Posted: 1/28/2013 8:41:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 8:47:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Went to the DMV a few weeks before mine expired. Got the new one back in 2 weeks... This was last year though so I dont know how bad they are behind.
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 11:42:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Mine expires Mar 13. Went today to renew. The woman at the counter said it should take 3 weeks or so.
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 3:32:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine expires in August. I got the renewal form a week or so back, and sent it in the next day. The form said to expect 90 days time, but obviously it could take more time, or less.
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 3:44:15 PM EDT
[#8]
how close to expiration does the state send you the notice?
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 4:00:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine is up for renewal this year. Have already gotten my renewal form. My last renewal took 98 days.
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 4:42:21 PM EDT
[#10]
My last renewal went pretty quick, something like 2-3 weeks. As others mention, there's been some horror stories. My initial issuance took 88 days out of the 90 days they're alloted.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 4:57:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Mine expires in August. I got the renewal form a week or so back, and sent it in the next day. The form said to expect 90 days time, but obviously it could take more time, or less.

Update: Just got my renewal today, 2/13. So that's between 3-4 weeks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:14:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Update: Just got my renewal today, 2/13. So that's between 3-4 weeks.

Great... thanks for the update.

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:42:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Received my notice back in December if I remember correctly. I carried it into the DMV the second week of January. I had my new permit two weeks later which happened to be just a few days before the old one expired.

What was odd was that they wanted me to take an updated photo for mine. Apparently they are no longer using the driver's license photo. I had to go into the DMV, take a new photo, and then call a number to verify that I had complied with the request before they would issue the new permit. Even with that I still had mine in two weeks and that was just last month.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:52:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Just did mine.
Recieved letter, went to DMV and submitted/paid.

From time submitted until recieved it in the mail-----21 days.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:40:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Took 3-4 weeks
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:04:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Renewed mine in October, took about 3 1/2 weeks. Wife applied for her HCP Tuesday and I applied for a duplicate , so we will see how long that takes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top