Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2011 5:59:19 AM EDT
It's 3-gun time again for the Memphis crew, and it's gonna be a hot one.

Saturday's weather is going to be 96 and sunny with high humidity.

Ya'll have my sympathy. I have something else that has come up and I won't be able to
compete but if I get done early enough, I might come by and watch for awhile.

Good luck and try to stay cool.

Link Posted: 6/16/2011 6:56:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I was wondering if anyone was going to post it.  I even had to double check with Zane if it was this weekend.
Link Posted: 6/16/2011 7:42:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm in.  I've missed the last two months so I'm looking forward to it, regardless of the heat.
Link Posted: 6/16/2011 12:57:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm in.

Get there around 8, so we can get the stages set up. Sooner we start, the less time we are in the peak heat of the day.

Bring plenty of water/gatorade and sunscreen. Start hdrating the night before.

Edi: Snerd. I am not talking to you.......
Link Posted: 6/16/2011 5:36:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Just replace the mag well and barrel on the shot gun.  Can't wait to try it out.
Link Posted: 6/16/2011 5:36:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I am planning on getting there early.  But will have to run to one of the lines real quick to sight in and function test my new rifle.  :)
Link Posted: 6/16/2011 6:39:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I am planning on getting there early.  But will have to run to one of the lines real quick to sight in and function test my new rifle.  :)

Yeah...as we've discovered "minute of stump" doesn't work all that well at 300 yds!

Most of y'all probably got this email from Tom but if not, here's the top-level.

MSSA Non-members : $12

MSSA members: $10

Should be 6 - 7 stages. Be prepared to move from the AP course to the Norris Range. Max range for rifle shots this week will be 300yds.

We'll incorporate the Norris range in for a rifle stage using resettable steel targets. So no SS109/M855, steel core/penetrator ammo. Wolf/Brown Bear/Silver Bear shooters, please note. If the bullet attracts a magnet, don't use it. We're looking at some innovative stages on the Norris range, so be ready to flex from birdshot to some longer slug shots with rifle transitions.

Estimated round count is 75 rifle/70 handgun/50 shotgun/20 slugs. You might want to bring a few more rounds, if you've ever missed the A zone. Club rules require birdshot to be 7 1/2 or smaller and no high brass rounds (except slugs). USPSA rules apply for major/minor power factor for handguns..

I've added a few new names for shooters for 3 Gun. We use USPSA rules for our multi-gun matches. If you're new to the sport, you might want to take the time to review the rifle/shotgun and multi-gun rules at <<www.uspsa.org>> before coming out to determine your class/division. Let us know if you're new to the sport and we'll give you a safety walk-through with an RO.

I'll be doing preliminary set-up on Friday. On Saturday, plan on 0800 target stapling/set-up. Estimate first rounds downrange at 0930 to try and beat the heat. If you have any ideas for stages you'd like to see, pls feel free to forward them to me or come out early Saturday and we'll get them set up.

See you Saturday.

If history is any guide the round counts above are somewhat on the high side to be safe....thankfully I don't think we've ever used 20 slugs but I'll bring some extras in case anyone needs some.

You need a pistol holster and at least one magazine.

You can use Wolf on everything except the steel rifle targets.

Link Posted: 6/16/2011 7:25:51 PM EDT
[#7]
20 slugs?  I can account for one.  One long one, but 20?  Sounds like this is going to be one heck of a match!
Link Posted: 6/16/2011 7:34:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow, I only have 14, looks like I will be making a trip to the store tomorrow.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2011 7:50:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

what did you get?
Link Posted: 6/16/2011 9:50:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what did you get?

I built a mutt.  I threw in most of the cool names and made a pretty little mongrel.  Hopefully she will run.  

Link Posted: 6/17/2011 4:02:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

what did you get?

I built a mutt.  I threw in most of the cool names and made a pretty little mongrel.  Hopefully she will run.  

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/1081/p100711.jpg

look at you getting all fancy

looks good man, tell us how she does
Link Posted: 6/17/2011 4:23:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I don't blame you. I wouldn't talk to me either.

I hate I'm gonna miss the match, but something came up that I have to do.

Link Posted: 6/17/2011 6:58:21 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I take it that you got into the day spa for the pedicure and waxing

JK, hope all is well.

I just wonder if Mr Hank will put in a showing.  

Link Posted: 6/17/2011 8:08:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I take it that you got into the day spa for the pedicure and waxing

JK, hope all is well.

I just wonder if Mr Hank will put in a showing.  

All is fine. But it is not an exclusive day spa that I have been trying to get into...........

I am past due for the vet clinic to get clipped and dipped.

I hope me and Snerd Jr. can get done with our obligations in time to come watch you guys shoot a few stages.
I want to watch you blaze through the rifle stages with that sweet new rifle.

Link Posted: 6/18/2011 1:10:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 1:11:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Scores are posted.  

3 Gun Scores
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 7:32:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Scores are posted.  

3 Gun Scores

I forgot to mark major on mine.  Any way to tell how this would have affected my score and ranking?  Either way I'm happy cause I'm improving!
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:20:12 AM EDT
[#18]
MSSA doesn't use power factor for scoring in 3gun so it doesn't make any difference there. Shoot the match with whatever you're comfortable using.
The weather wasn't bad at all and the stages were fun and challenging with a good turnout. Thanks to all who came out and we hope to see you next month !
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:25:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Awesome, thanks for the info.  I just need to pick up a good 9.  M&P maybe!
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 10:53:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 2:00:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Got the opportunity to shoot gotiger's m&p 9 pro.  VERY nice.  It's now on the wish list.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 2:31:09 PM EDT
[#22]
I like my M&P pro except the sights (easily fixed). Urikagold is very happy with his G34. Nothing wrong with the glocks, but i prefer the ergonomics of the M&P.  Either makes a good 3 gun pistol.

Saturday was a good day. The shower really cooled it down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top