Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2011 7:58:27 AM EDT
I have a Tn. Concealed Carry Permit for a handgun but what are the laws concerning transporting a rifle?
Can it be loaded?
Do the mags and bullets have to be in a different location than the rifle?
Does my permit allow me to keep it loaded?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:05:59 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I have a Tn. Concealed Carry Permit Handgun Carry Permit for a handgun but what are the laws concerning transporting a rifle?

Can it be loaded? If you possess a TN Handgun Carry Permit, then you can transport a rifle/shotgun in the vehicle with Magazine/Tube loaded, but no round in the chamber.

Do the mags and bullets have to be in a different location than the rifle? If have the Handgun Carry Permit, then No. (see above)

Does my permit allow me to keep it loaded? See above. No round in the chamber

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:39:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I do know in Cherokee national forest your rifle/shotgun and magazine must be unloaded. Not sure if any other wildlife management areas are the same.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:51:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I do know in Cherokee national forest your rifle/shotgun and magazine must be unloaded. Not sure if any other wildlife management areas are the same.

Wildlife Mgt areas are pretty bent towards preventing poaching & jack lighting. I would tend to think they're NOT going to allow a loaded rifle/mag-in-rifle period.

My .o2
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wildlife Mgt areas are pretty bent towards preventing poaching & jack lighting. I would tend to think they're NOT going to allow a loaded rifle/mag-in-rifle period.

My .o2

In TN mgt areas supremeweasel67 has it right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top