Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2010 5:19:36 PM EDT
I have to go to Nashville this Saturday with my wife and a friend to pick someone up at the airport. It is an evening flight so we plan to go down there for dinner before the airport. The wife would like Seafood, but I am not a big fan. She is home on R&R leave from Afghanistan so she gets the choice of food. Can anyone suggest a decent place where casual attire would be ok that has good seafood (Lobster, crab, shrimp. Not fish) but also has other good items. I like a good steak but love Italian food if possible but the main concern is the seafood. Also must not prohibit concealed carry.

We have been to Joe's crab shack and were not impressed. I would like to avoid the downtown area if possible, and since we are coming from Clarksville it would be better to stay north of the airport if possible. I wouldn't mind hitting academy sports while we are there either so if you know a place near the one in Madison/Hendersonville area that would be a big bonus.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:49:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Man we sure could stand to get some better seafood restaurants here.  Maggiano's on West End would probably fit you needs.  I have been several times and the food/service has always been good.  You don't have to dress up and it is just a couple blocks off of 440.  If you decide to go I would probably call to get a reservation.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:59:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Maggiano's is awesome! I don't know about seafood but everything else they have is great!
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:31:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Does not meet your requirements of NOT downtown, or close to Airport.

But ..........    www.chappys.com

Good food, a little on the $ side, but should have what both of you want.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:29:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

But ..........    www.chappys.com

I'd probably dress up a little for Chappy's.

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:59:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But .......... www.chappys.com

I'd probably dress up a little for Chappy's.

yeah it is a little "dressy".

Another option is www.flemingssteakhouse.com,,  however more formal than not, little $$$ but a nice place with a great meal.

http://stock-yardrestaurant.com/   Everyone has told me to hit this place, and every time we go to Nashville, we forget about it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:21:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Damn you guys are making me hungry...yeah Chappy's and Flemings are awesome but I would dress nice...business casual at least.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 10:48:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Maggiano's looks perfect, and I had the wife sold on it, but when I tried to make reservations, they were all booked up during the time we would be looking at.

The other places look very nice, but probably a bit nicer than we are looking for.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:55:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Call me crazy, but THE best place for seafood for me is still Red Lobster. Yes, they're a chain, but so what? Good food is still good food, IMO.

There's one in Rivergate, just a hop away from I-24 West.

My .o2
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:20:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for all the suggestions, but the trip got canceled. The person we were going to pick up isn't coming in until today (Sunday). Since I got family coming in to town today, our friend is going to have to find a different ride to the airport.

We ended up going to Charlie's Steak House in Oak Grove Kentucky. I got a big thick NY strip steak and my wife got the Lobster. Around $50 for that lobster, but I tried a bite and it was one of the best I had ever had. She said so too, and her family used to vacation in Maine every summer. DInner with tip set me back about $100 for the two of us. More than I planned on spending but my wife flies back to Afghanistan on Tuesday, so it was worth it.

I think I am still full from that steak dinner.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:57:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Glad to hear the evening worked out.  Wow I haven't been to Charlie's in over 10 years..I loved that place...I thought it was gone.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:07:08 AM EDT
[#11]
We have eaten at Charlie's a couple of times.

Food was good, but for the price we decided that a trip to Nashville and one of the Rest. there would be a better option.

Since you are at FTCKY,  you might try Hananoki (there in Clarksville by Lowe's), another option is to make the 40 minute drive North to Patti's Plantation. (Famous for their Pork Chops). Quite a nice meal.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 12:20:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Patti's Looks good. Will have to go there when my wife gets back form deployment.

Haven tried Hananoki yet but I see it all the time. People say we need to try Yamoto across from gate 1 too, but we haven't yet.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:13:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Patti's Looks good. Will have to go there when my wife gets back form deployment.

Haven tried Hananoki yet but I see it all the time. People say we need to try Yamoto across from gate 1 too, but we haven't yet.

Also in Clarksville is Brunnie's (Downtown Behind Front Page Deli) for some very good Bavarian/German food.

It is a little hole in the wall Rest./Tavern/Pub.

Burgers try Frank's across from Austin Peay.

For quick lunch try Chi-Town (Chicago Style Hotdogs, Italian Beafs, Polish Sausage).

Behind the Dairy Queen on Riverside in the Big Lots parking lot.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:57:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Patti's up in Grand Rivers, KY is very good, but it helps to have a reservation to get into the place.  Otherwise, it may be a bit of a wait.  Their 2-inch thick pork-chops are delicious.  You're are the north end of Land-between-the-Lakes, and Kentucky State Parks has a nice resort on the other side of Kentucky Lake.  

I worked up at Grand Rivers for a few months, and the project had an "initiation" dinner where one had to eat the salad, a 2-inch thick pork-chop and the side, and a dessert without taking anything back with you that night.  That was easy to do until you saw the size of the piece of pie they bring you.    

James
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top