Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2010 7:23:16 PM EDT
the wife and i are going there for our anniversary.  any ideas would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/14/2010 8:23:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Go see the Vols play. Nevermind, ur from Florida, u probably like seeing winning teams. My poor Vols
I will be there about this time, but I have a 4yr old that I will have to do the whole Dollywood, Splash Country, go kart thing with the whole place wrapped up on tourists. If u have never been, I would definitely go to the Dixie Stampede.
Link Posted: 5/14/2010 8:43:13 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the heads up.  I am a UF alumnus.  I have seen TN beat my beloved gators from front row seats/working the field.

Quoted:

Go see the Vols play. Nevermind, ur from Florida, u probably like seeing winning teams
. My poor Vols

I will be there about this time, but I have a 4yr old that I will have to do the whole Dollywood, Splash Country, go kart thing with the whole place wrapped up on tourists. If u have never been, I would definitely go to the Dixie Stampede.

Link Posted: 5/15/2010 7:17:51 PM EDT
[#3]
If you like nature then take a drive to Cades Cove. It is one of the nicest places in the Smokies.....
Link Posted: 5/15/2010 8:31:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.  We are gonna do some whitewater rafting and a driving tour and some hiking.  If I can lose some more weight, maybe some horseback riding.

Quoted:

If you like nature then take a drive to Cades Cove. It is one of the nicest places in the Smokies.....

Link Posted: 5/15/2010 10:33:43 PM EDT
[#5]
The aquarium is pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/16/2010 10:01:47 AM EDT
[#6]
thanks.  i'll look into that if the weather is bad.

Quoted:

The aquarium is pretty good.

Link Posted: 5/22/2010 8:20:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't forget to stop by the Smokey Mountain Knife Works. It's bigger than Cabelas but it's all things sharp and pointy.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/23/2010 5:09:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I agree, along with all the other side trails and the  Park Service guided (and unguided) trips and trails.

If you like Pizza and a cold drink you gotta go HERE
Link Posted: 5/23/2010 7:44:20 AM EDT
[#9]
You got the "cool" part right, it's going to be pretty warm.

Taking the tram up the mountain to Oberg is always nice.

Cades cove isn't to far away.

Driving up to Klingmans Dome is a very nice drive.

SMK shop is a good place to kill some time for sure, I hardley go in there, always spend to much money. ( My grandparents live right across the river from it)
Link Posted: 5/23/2010 6:59:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I will definitely go to SMKW.

Quoted:

You got the "cool" part right, it's going to be pretty warm.

Taking the tram up the mountain to Oberg is always nice.

Cades cove isn't to far away.

Driving up to Klingmans Dome is a very nice drive.

SMK shop is a good place to kill some time for sure, I hardley go in there, always spend to much money. ( My grandparents live right across the river from it)

Link Posted: 5/23/2010 6:59:45 PM EDT
[#11]
i'll check out calhouns.

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree, along with all the other side trails and the  Park Service guided (and unguided) trips and trails.

If you like Pizza and a cold drink you gotta go HERE

Link Posted: 5/24/2010 4:50:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Ok....lots of stuff to do for sure....

Like others have said Dixie Stampede, Cades Cove (Early in the morning....don't go midday.), and drive in the park are all good things to do.   However here are a few others. If you like Italian Food hit up the Best Italian in Gatlinburg and after you eat come see a couple ARFCOMers at the Gatlinburg Ziplines and take a ride in the Unimog or Duece. Depending on the legnth of your stay plus age of any kids make sure to do the hike up to the Chimney tops. Its about 2 miles each way but well worth it for the beautiful views. Also when at Cades Cove hike Abrams Falls.  If you need anymore ideas let me know. I have lived here 10 years now so I can help a little.
Link Posted: 5/24/2010 8:28:11 AM EDT
[#13]
thanks.  i knew the hometown guys would come through with some great ideas.

Quoted:

Like others have said Dixie Stampede, Cades Cove (Early in the morning....don't go midday.), and drive in the park are all good things to do.   However here are a few others. If you like Italian Food hit up the Best Italian in Gatlinburg and after you eat come see a couple ARFCOMers at the Gatlinburg Ziplines and take a ride in the Unimog or Duece. Depending on the legnth of your stay plus age of any kids make sure to do the hike up to the Chimney tops. Its about 2 miles each way but well worth it for the beautiful views. Also when at Cades Cove hike Abrams Falls.  If you need anymore ideas let me know. I have lived here 10 years now so I can help a little.

Link Posted: 5/24/2010 8:40:04 PM EDT
[#14]
go by Neyland Stadium and plant a Gator flag. can't wait to see those Vols get whipped again by FL.
Link Posted: 5/25/2010 9:54:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No problem like I said if you need any help getting anything set up just let me know.
Link Posted: 5/25/2010 10:52:11 AM EDT
[#16]
do they have a tourist center to get a discount on attractions?  is buying online better?

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No problem like I said if you need any help getting anything set up just let me know.

Link Posted: 5/25/2010 11:33:35 AM EDT
[#17]
I am looking at the Abrams Falls and Chimney Tops hikes.  About how far are they?  How much is the elevation?  Effort Level?  I have a bad knee and just want to be prepared.
Link Posted: 5/25/2010 11:56:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I am looking at the Abrams Falls and Chimney Tops hikes.  About how far are they?  How much is the elevation?  Effort Level?  I have a bad knee and just want to be prepared.

Abrams falls is 5 miles and a decently easy hike...I jog it out and back so.......not much elevation and a killer waterfall at the end. Chimmneys is serious elevation gains but shorter trail...If you have to chose one or another chose the Abrams falls trail...it will be busy midday but if you get there early you shoul dbe good to go
Link Posted: 5/25/2010 12:33:58 PM EDT
[#19]
thanks!  found out there is a kinkade gallery there so i'll take the wife and she'll take me to SMKW.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Abrams falls is 5 miles and a decently easy hike...I jog it out and back so.......not much elevation and a killer waterfall at the end. Chimmneys is serious elevation gains but shorter trail...If you have to chose one or another chose the Abrams falls trail...it will be busy midday but if you get there early you shoul dbe good to go

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 2:52:02 PM EDT
[#20]
ANY OF YOU GUYS TRY BENNETT'S?  I am interested in it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:18:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Its been 5-6 years since we ate there but I do remember it being a pretty good BBQ place
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 9:18:46 PM EDT
[#22]
i told the wife she will have to suck it up when i find good bbq.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its been 5-6 years since we ate there but I do remember it being a pretty good BBQ place

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 12:03:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
i told the wife she will have to suck it up when i find good bbq.
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah its freakin good and have a large selection of food also. Plus a porch so you can eat outside if thats your jazz.   If you want to do puttputt make sure to hit up Fantasy Golf....they are a little   "RightWing"  and have just laid new carpets on the entire course.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top